Australia travel advice needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My wife and I will be spending the first 3 weeks of April 2017 in Australia. We’ll be in Sydney the first week, and then 4 days at Ayers Rock. We have no plans for the remaining 10 days – and we didn’t realize we’d be there during Easter.

We’d like to go to the southern GBR, perhaps flying in to Brisbane and going on to somewhere exotic from there. Snorkeling is a must at some point in the trip.

Any suggestions for any leg of our journey would be greatly appreciated. I don’t want to mine Trip Advisor for hints and be around nothing but Americans, and prefer to avoid the Tourist Traps.

Thanks in advance for any & all advice.

BCG - Check out the weather for your trip - you may be visiting during the wet season.

Our family of 4 did a fun 3 week trip in June 2014 and began in Darwin, NT. We spent a week in well equipped diesel 80 series exploring the top end - Kakadu National Park with Jim Jim Falls, Gunlom Falls etc. Very memorable. There are a number of 4wd truck rental companies in Darwin.

upload_2016-12-21_19-21-31.png

We then flew to Cairns and drove to Port Douglas, QLD for second week. Then Sydney for final week.

Have a great trip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom