Aussie Lockers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's easy enough if you have rear wheel drive in general. One of the best things in the winter is doing four wheel drifts in parking lots with a stock Suburban. I can't wait to try that in my Land Cruiser. :D

:beer:

Mark W said:
Try U turns with a locker on snow/ice. It's GREAT. ;) Crank the wheel, kick it a little to break the tail loose, apply a litle bit of brake pressure and spin around your inside front tire. Don't get crazy, just use enough power to keep the tires spining and sedately come around in a circle. Seriously it's great for U turns on narrow roads without having to to a 3-5 point backand forth. I won't say that I do it routinely (I don't routinely need to make u turns on snow/ice) but I do it often enough that it is considered a normal manuver

Mark...

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy ...

:bounce: :bounce2: :bounce:

Guess what I'm going to be trying this winter ...

:)

Cahil

Mark W said:
Don't get crazy,

Mark...

See, now you are taking all the fun away ;)

Mark W said:
It is more likely (almost certain), very small differences in tire inflation that you are noticing.

I've driven auto lockers in a bunch of rigs. Some heavy some light, some stock some hotrodded, some with big tires, some with small. Every combination too. Never noticed any effect of "torque". Lots of evidence of the importance of equal inflation. Even half a pound is enough to be felt in some rigs.

Mark...

I am starting to think you know everything about cruisers... :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom