August 8th,9th, and 10th 2014 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am planning on going to Buena Vista on these dates if anyone wants to go. I plan on camping at browns creek. Right now I only have grizzly lake planned on the 9th and the other days are up in the air. Possibly do Hancock pass on Friday and I was thinking of packing up on Sunday and doing tin cup then going home.
Plans could change if someone wants to do something else or has a better plan on runs.

Thought we'd be able to make this, but we will celebrating Jillian's birthday this weekend since we will be out of town for it this weekend. Any dates decided for Blanca?

No worries. Probably be just fine by ourselves. I may even get a friend to lend me his house up there if we are alone. Be nice to have a shower once n a while. I was thinking of 23 run Blanca, camp then come back the 24. Seems like these dates works for everyone. I assume not everyone can get the Friday off so that would make sense. I may go down Friday night and camp close to the trail head so it's not such an early start in the morning. Do you think I should post up a new thread for this?

Sounds good. I will get directions to camp posted up soon. I will be bringing my fishing rods as well.

Well I plan on camping Thursday,Friday , and Saturday nights. You head south out of Johnson's Villiage on 285 and it will be your second right, after you go under the pipeline,on 270 which changes to 272as you go along. Then you make a left at a gate and the forest info center which on the map shows it as 255. Then just look for an fj cruiser and a jeep rubicon down the trail. I will get on here and post up a new location if the spot changes but it should be in the general area. Luke said there is better spots if you go through the gate so I may go take a look.
image.jpg

I haven't looked at trails for Friday yet but I am going to do grizzly on Saturday and tin cup on Sunday after we pack up.

Last edited:
Right now for,Saturday I will be meeting people in Johnson's Villiage at 10:30 for grizzly lake. We will be at the gun smoke gas station waiting and probably leave at 10:40. Are u still in SAS?

Make sure you air your tires down to 4 PSI on grizzly, that trail is pretty dang rough.

If I remember right that's the one you broke the frame on the 4 runner and had to ratchet strap it together to get home. Do you think it is as bumpy as wheeler lake? Wheeler is the bumpiest trail I have been on so far.

Sounds good. We may have another joining us Friday night. Probably have 5-6 rigs on Saturday. My cell is 719-649-7361. Feel free to call or text. But not after 10:30 or before 5. Unless it's an emergency.:)

Reactions: SAS
If I remember right that's the one you broke the frame on the 4 runner and had to ratchet strap it together to get home. Do you think it is as bumpy as wheeler lake? Wheeler is the bumpiest trail I have been on so far.

Yup, broke my frame and welded in a whole other frame portion from the junkyard. That was tough.

Grizzly is every bit as rough as wheeler, but worth going. Wife and I were up there a month ago. Tougher to find the trailhead, there are so many "No Tresspassing" and "Private Property" signs you're scared to drive down to the trailhead. Almost looks like you're in the wrong place. Lots of new fence at the top, have to walk to left side camps now, can still drive to a little camp area on right.

That's what I have read. I may look for the trail head the night before just so I am not all over the place looking for it. One of the girls coming with has been there before so she might be able to find it better then I. I may buy a go pro and permanently put it on your rig so we can get some pics of the places you've been. :hmm:

Since you don't stop for pics hardly ever. :D

Reactions: SAS
If I didn't take pictures I wouldn't remember where I have been.:eek: I sometimes use it as bread crumbs to find my way back home. You see, I used to be a flat lander. :hillbilly:

Sounds good Sas. Feel free to text on what time your gonna be down on Friday or even when your leaving. I may not have service all over but I am sure we will venture into town sometime. I don't mind if I got to meet you somewhere either.

Just got done setting up camp. Checked Milage coming out here but mine differs from the wife's, probably bigger tires. I am going to use my milage for the directions. When you head south out of Johnson's Villiage on 285 turn right after 8 miles (8.9 jeep). You also go under the pipe line. The road is paved then changes to gravel. It's also the way to mt. Antero. You go down that road for 3.3 miles then take a left right at an open gate and forest info. Continue on for 1.4 miles and to the left is camp. I have a big cabelas tent set up. Horrible construction on 24 after lake George. And Turns to one lane. I have service at camp right now. Got the fire going.

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom