For Sale Atlanta, GA: 1972 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Color
Orange
Outside Link
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/425651672281862
Hey everyone, I've decided to sell my monster truck. It started life as a 1972 fj40 but has had a lot done to it. I put a new SBC 350 in it 3k miles ago. Installed an electric fan and new radiator and doesnt go above 200 degrees. It has a painless wiring harness. It has a 4 speed 78 Landcruiser transmission mated to the original transferase. Fj60 axels with disks in the front and 40 axels with drums in the back. It has a 4 inch lift and longer shackles as well. It's pretty tall. It runs 35 inch swampers and i have a brand new spare thats never been put on. I did little things to it, like upgrade head lights to CityRacer LEDs, and do the gas strut inside original strut- conversion for lift gate. I have a new set of 80 tie rod ends to put on. I have the long jump seats for it, but haven't installed them. One jump seat is just the frame (in good condition) and the other jump seat has foam and leather in good condition on one side. It has a full roll cage. It has a saginaw power steering conversion, but steering is very heavy and doesn't feel very assisted. I'm probably forgetting a few things but have a few boxes of extra parts. I have a bikini top to it. It's definitely a beast and has some great mods to it.

Some negatives: rust in some places. the rear quarter panels have some rust and could probably be replaced (you can see the bubbles in the picture). The fenders were cut at some point in it's life, as you can see from pics. There are some small rust spots in the tub that could be patched up. The body mounts could probably be redone, it sounds really harsh going over bumps. Probably could use new shocks. The dash has a hole cut out and a crude patch panel on it. I would replace it with a better looking patch panel. I've looked into it and looks like they're under $100.

I daily drove it for 1.5 years but just got a new car so I've decided to put this one on the market. Let me know if you have any questions. This isn't going to be a show pony but can turn into a cool rig for someone that wants a little project!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom