Are there any storage devices for the floor area behind the front seats? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1693273377877.jpeg
1693273750641.jpeg

I pulled out my 2nd row of seats, so I could place a long matress on the floor of my 1995 FJZ80. The former foot area creates an empty channel which is about 5" deep, 10" wide, and 44"-58" long. I would like to fill this in with something to support the matress and allow for some storage. All that I could come up with so far is using 4 plastic shoe boxes. Anyone know of any storage boxes that fit this space?

Goose gear. If I didn't need my rear seats it's what I would go with.

If the bins will work for you, awesome. Super simple & cheap. Otherwise, it would be easy to make something simple that works well for your use. Personally, I'm a big fan of DIY and "less is more" wherever possible.

If you're willing to pay the premium for something like the above (and they are very nice), you have some options. Unless you need & will use something of that level, though, I think the money is better spent on maintenance items, but to each their own.

I do like the idea of a rifle case - one that comes as close to the best fit as possible for the space. You could squeeze a hair more out of a custom application, but probably unnecessary.

I love the look of the Goose system, but dayummm, not inexpensive by any means. I'm thinking of building a lightweight metal/aluminum frame that elevates the whole floor about 6-8" and doing a plywood topper with cutout holes. I'm not too worried about the pull out drawers as long as I have decent access through cutouts. I also have the BellFab interior tire carrier to build the platform around...would be all custom on my end. I've built a home entertainment systems that set into one side of a large closet that looks like it's always been there, so I think I could do a decent setup in the 80 too.

If the bins will work for you, awesome. Super simple & cheap. Otherwise, it would be easy to make something simple that works well for your use. Personally, I'm a big fan of DIY and "less is more" wherever possible.

If you're willing to pay the premium for something like the above (and they are very nice), you have some options. Unless you need & will use something of that level, though, I think the money is better spent on maintenance items, but to each their own.

I do like the idea of a rifle case - one that comes as close to the best fit as possible for the space. You could squeeze a hair more out of a custom application, but probably unnecessary.
I ended up getting 6 of these boxes for a total of $9.96 at the local home improvement store HD

1693454898892.jpeg
1693454998028.jpeg
1693455024648.jpeg

I built a little headache rack thing that slots into some brackets that bolt to the 2nd row seat bolt holes. When it's up it makes a little protected space where I can keep rifles, optics, or whatever. Than when I am camping it goes flat for sleeping. It also works great for securing totes and Coolers.

20211208_134638.jpg
20220926_095253.jpg
20220925_180101.jpg

@GregMacd if you like what I did let me know and I can post some better photos if you want to try and re create it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom