ARB or Coastal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Jul 31, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
15
Location
Louisiana
Better build quality ARB or Coastal? I can get a quality used ARB for about the same price as a new Coastal Off-road bumper. I like the classic looks of the ARB but the Coastal isn’t far off. It looks like better clearance with the Coastal bumper. Any input would be appreciated.

IMG_3891.webp


IMG_3890.webp
 
The ARB is quite heavy and protrudes a good ways from the front of the GX. IMO the ARB looks great on an 80 or 100, but it is not my favorite on a GX. The Coastal requires assembly, so unless you can weld yourself, the all-in price will be quite high (fabrication, sandblasting, powder coat). The Coastal also uses extensive amounts of 3/16" plate, so it too is a heavy bumper (though still lighter than an ARB). It is however, IMO, a good-looking bumper.

I personally have an Ascend with is super-light and has excellent approach angles, and can be bought pre-welded or as a kit. Otherwise, I've always like the look of Demello bumpers on the GX as well.
 
Last edited:
I've now built 5 front and 4 rear bumpers from Coastal Offroad and really like the look and fit. I have an ARB on my 80. I agree with Rednexus and like the look of the ARB on the 80 and 100 but not on the GX.

PXL_20260811_200758013.webp


PXL_20260811_200824087.webp


R3A04387.webp


PXL_20250910_004223971.webp
 
Note that purchasing from Coastal requires a pretty high tariff fee right now. I spent less than $100 for their double shear steering rack brackets a few weeks ago. I got an email from FedEx the day after they arrived requiring $47 more in tarrifs and duty fees. Until the tariff madness stops M-USA bumpers will remain the cheapest. Otherwise, I also have Coastal DIY skids on my rig and have been happy with them.
 
Back
Top Bottom