ARB Mount System in "Hide a spare" area? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Question to the group. Has anyone ever thought of, or hear of a ARB Mount System in "Hide a spare" area of the GX? I know, high and dry and all that. There's a ton of space there, the possibility for moisture exists, but, ARB claims the thing can take it. I've been considering the ARB in a box solution since my engine area is full. So I'm wondering, why not a plate or vented box for the compressor that could crank up in there or be permanently mounted? For that matter why not take a wheel cut it in half mount the arb in there and crank it up? Thoughts? Ideas? Sources?

Question to the group. Has anyone ever thought of, or hear of a ARB Mount System in "Hide a spare" area of the GX? I know, high and dry and all that. There's a ton of space there, the possibility for moisture exists, but, ARB claims the thing can take it. I've been considering the ARB in a box solution since my engine area is full. So I'm wondering, why not a plate or vented box for the compressor that could crank up in there or be permanently mounted? For that matter why not take a wheel cut it in half mount the arb in there and crank it up? Thoughts? Ideas? Sources?

I’ve only seen the round water containers, extended range fuel tank, and a spare tire in that location.

Most people mount the arb air compressor in the engine bay or inside the cargo area, so there’s not much of a demand for storing it down in the spare location.

Seems like an inconvenient dirty area (dust, mud, water) which maybe difficult to service the arb compressor if a line gets a leak or gets loose, but if that’s your only option…try it out.

Last edited:
This is what I would do. I understand it's an 80 not a 120.

Yea.. I kinda know where everyone puts the thing.. just trying to think if a way to use an unused space. I envision some kind sealed box metal or plastic that could be cranked up and down with the oem cable. Crank it up in there and drop it down for maintenance once in a while. My box would have a method to let airflow through for those times when I want to use it.

How about putting it where the suspension airbag compressor is (as in , take the airbag compressor out).

I bought the ARB system with the compressor in a toolbox. Its portable, but I have to put it somewhere. I think you are trying to avoid that.

How about putting it where the suspension airbag compressor is (as in , take the airbag compressor out).

I bought the ARB system with the compressor in a toolbox. Its portable, but I have to put it somewhere. I think you are trying to avoid that.
Yessir..thanks for the input but, I've come up with an answer.. I think.. I'm thinking instead of dual arb.. get a single.. mount it passenger side behind airfilter box.. Ill modify an LFD bracket to set it on.. I got the bracket, bottom bolt hole exists, and matches, just have the figure the top 2.. formulating a plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom