ARB drawers vs Trekboxx (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eric Sarjeant

Ed Martin Toyota (Indianapolis)
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.edmartintoyota.com

@TrekboxX
1579566607521.png

Cubic inches of storage and weight would be great metrics to add!

What is the size of the space for a refrigerator on the Trekboxx?

No worries. Those are both great products. Your vids are great. I watched a few more on you tube, recently and asked myself why you are crushing it so much in Indy. Good work. Thanks for the support.

No worries. Those are both great products. Your vids are great. I watched a few more on you tube, recently and asked myself why you are crushing it so much in Indy. Good work. Thanks for the support.
Thank you!

What is the size of the space for a refrigerator on the Trekboxx?
16" x 37.5" I think going off memory. I have three black Alpha's in-stock we can install for you Rob!

16" x 37.5" I think going off memory. I have three black Alpha's in-stock we can install for you Rob!
I will think about it. Would be a good time to come over. Just go to the 5000 mile service.;)

Eric nice work.

Any shots demonstrating how the ARB System lines up with the second row folded down to create a sleeping platform? It seems several members are utilizing the ARB system without too much challenge, so I am assuming the transition is minimal.

Also, any idea/pictures how 2 single TB Bravo drawers would do the same, the additional height looks like it could be more of an issue.

Thanks!

I will think about it. Would be a good time to come over. Just go to the 5000 mile service.;)
Just let me know what works for you. I could have a dealer-trade driver to come get it and give you a loaner. Then we could do the same swap a few days later.

Eric nice work.

Any shots demonstrating how the ARB System lines up with the second row folded down to create a sleeping platform? It seems several members are utilizing the ARB system without too much challenge, so I am assuming the transition is minimal.

Also, any idea/pictures how 2 single TB Bravo drawers would do the same, the additional height looks like it could be more of an issue.

Thanks!
I haven’t installed a bravo yet. I’m probably not going to stock them unless we get some demand for them. I plan on keeping three Alpha’s in stock for the foreseeable future.

looks like about 71 to 72 inch length for the ARB drawers with seats down.

7405A4DE-546C-4D69-82FD-1AC558FF502C.jpeg

Thanks.

The ARBs seem to be pretty similar in height between the back edge of the drawers and the seat backs when folded down.

I think the TB Bravo drawers are taller than the ARB, but I haven’t been able to confirm.

Thanks.

The ARBs seem to be pretty similar in height between the back edge of the drawers and the seat backs when folded down.

I think the TB Bravo drawers are taller than the ARB, but I haven’t been able to confirm.
I think the Bravo is the same height as the right drawer on the Alpha.

Nice Job Eric! FYI- you actually have even more space than you showed in the vid (the large drawer wasn't fully open). Don't be afraid to give them a good pull when they are new!

I'm stealing that video!

Alpha fridge space on 200 -
35 L x 19 3/8 W x 22 5/8 H
(there are bolts that take up about 3/8” on each side near the bottom, but this usually isn’t an issue since you need air space for the fridge anyways)

Alpha large drawer and Bravo are same height- just above folded seats so you have room to add a platform, foam, etc. If they were even with the seat you either have to deal with the gap/angle or cover the whole area with another layer.

@Eric Sarjeant , great videos as always. Thanks for sharing these videos. Any chance you all put the same effort into your 4 runners? My wife drives our LC while I drive a '19 T4R.

Thanks,
-Chris

@Eric Sarjeant , great videos as always. Thanks for sharing these videos. Any chance you all put the same effort into your 4 runners? My wife drives our LC while I drive a '19 T4R.

Thanks,
-Chris
Thanks! We build x4 as many 4Rs than Land Cruisers. Most are 3&1 lifts with Ridgegrapplers and TRD wheels. Nothing really specialized. We can do anything though. I’ve done full bumpers, bp-51 suspension, full vinyl wraps, and even Magnuson superchargers.

Alpha fridge space on 200 -
35 L x 19 3/8 W x 22 5/8 H
(there are bolts that take up about 3/8” on each side near the bottom, but this usually isn’t an issue since you need air space for the fridge anyways)

So what I’m reading is my Dometic CFX75DW will just barely fit!... Good to know. I really missed my drawers this past weekend.

Other than sizing, another factor worth thinking about is the sliding mechanism.

The ARBs will (probably - guessing) have a large bearing in every corner. The TrekBox has more traditional "drawer slides" with many small bearings inside.

I had a drawer setup with slides very similar to those in TrekBox, and had them freeze solid a few times in temps around - 25C. Had to pour boiling water into them and force the drawers back in with all my might.

Not a frequent occurrence, but nonetheless I've since been partial to sliding mechanisms like those in the ARB drawers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom