Arabian Cruiser Roll Call (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here it is. An 80 with a 60 front.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1421173623.862655.jpg

This is a nice 62 they do.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1421173545.892342.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. I feel guilty for having the Merc. A nice 45 troopy and 45 pick up are needed in its place :D

As for the LX not much difference. To my knowledge export for the dash is a 83 84 model with the digital clock and all that nasty nonsense. I prefer the dash without the space age design.

You looking for a truck ?
That would be some collection if you added the troopy and 45.

......I'd be happy with just one at the moment. I'd like a soft top 40 or 43.....but a hard top would be fine too. Not much available here so will probably need to find one in Saudi. Probably be a month or two before I pull the trigger. Let me know if you hear of any that you don't want for yourself:)

That would be some collection if you added the troopy and 45.

......I'd be happy with just one at the moment. I'd like a soft top 40 or 43.....but a hard top would be fine too. Not much available here so will probably need to find one in Saudi. Probably be a month or two before I pull the trigger. Let me know if you hear of any that you don't want for yourself:)

Yes that would be a dream collection. If i bring one more car home i think my wife will have kittens. Had to sneak the LX in and send the 43 to get disc brake conversion with out her noticing. Thank god i got away with it i think because they are similar in colour. Then when they were all home she asked me when did you get that one. I told her i had gotten it ages ago but have been waiting for it to get delivered and worked on. so far we are in the clear. :cool:

a good place to look is haraj.com.sa or go out to the edge of civilisation and your bound to find one in need of a new loving home.

Sweet rigs out there I would love to have a fleet like. With all the different styles. One for every day of the week.

Man those are some nice cruisers. Don't make me go out to the farms and steal an old 40 pickup...

Here's the 200 with my pickup trailer, mainly used for desert BBQ. (its a bed off an isuzu, i wanted the bed off the single cab 70 but took too long to find and the ones i found were severely damaged. If i come across a clean one I'll definitely make another, can't have too many trailers)

20141031_165107~2.jpg
20141031_172817~2.jpg

Last edited:
Man those are some nice cruisers. Don't make me go out to the farms and steal an old 40 pickup...

Here's the 200 with my pickup trailer, mainly used for desert BBQ. (its a bed off an isuzu, i wanted the bed off the single cab 70 but took too long to find and the ones i found were severely damaged. If i come across a clean one I'll definitely make another, can't have too many trailers)

View attachment 1016943 View attachment 1016944

Very cool.

Go on I dare you to go nick one.

I'm working on a 45 tub camper trailer. It's in the trailer section on mud.

Hi All,

Great to be here! Some great rides and have been watching many of your threads for a long time ;) Great to see it all together on here!

I was looking for an 80 for a long time, but just never came across the right one .... picked up my 100 about a month back and have already done a few things, with lots more needed. If anyone has parts for sale - please give me a shout first! She is in need of some TLC :)

Not a VXR but a manual GXR - 2006. Here is my 100 series :)

These are my other daily's - although the wife seems to have taken the Y62 to herself!

@Mcladin HAHAHAHA. Like Hamza said, I see a 6x series in your near future. Maybe go with a high roof one. those are rare here.

Hamza, Found a guy in Japan who ships motors. Let's do it ya habibi. Turbo diesel 24V

Hi All,

Great to be here! Some great rides and have been watching many of your threads for a long time ;) Great to see it all together on here!

I was looking for an 80 for a long time, but just never came across the right one .... picked up my 100 about a month back and have already done a few things, with lots more needed. If anyone has parts for sale - please give me a shout first! She is in need of some TLC :)

These are my other daily's - although the wife seems to have taken the Y62 to herself!

We are blessed in saudi that our wife's can't take our cars : ) well not yet anyway.

Nice 100.

@Mcladin HAHAHAHA. Like Hamza said, I see a 6x series in your near future. Maybe go with a high roof one. those are rare here.

Hamza, Found a guy in Japan who ships motors. Let's do it ya habibi. Turbo diesel 24V

The funny thing is as much as I like the idea of a 60 I can't bring myself to owning one. I have the 80 and that is enough for a big saloon type car for those trips with the kids and wife and the overnight camping trips.

Have been thinking of dropping the 24 value from the 80 into pearly and dropping an LS1 in to the 80.

I already have the LS1 engine as I initially wanted to drop it into the 40 but common sense prevailed and will not be making that into a death trap.

Dreaming does not stop.

Thanks for the invite gents, i run a 2014 LC200 4.6L EXR with suspension mods.

Also have a year 2000 hundred series

My old 60 series (now sold)

Nooo! You sold your 60! I remember first seeing that beauty in Wheels Mag a few years ago and was blown away by the excellent condition. After I found your YouTube channel I was in heaven! Still, your 200 is an equally awesome truck! Congrats!

Thanks for the Invite to the group!

Land Cruisers have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember (So since I was 3, I am 15 now)

The UAE has also been apart of my entire life. My parents met here in the 80's and the family started in 1992. My dad had a 70 series pickup sometime over the years and my mother used to drive across the desert to work at the Dubai mens college in it, but that was only a company car.

From the day my eldest sister was born, to the day it over heated for the last time (in the very early 2000's), we had LR Discovery's. One black 2 door and a white 4 door (That we had for 10 years). Around the time that the Disco was packing up (a dreadful summer!), my Mother experienced a family friend dominate the dunes in a green 100 series. He told her "Just press this button (centre diff lock) and it will go anywhere." She was hooked.

A few months later, after scouring used car markets, my parents found a white LC100 GX.R in the Al Futtaim Automall. It was a few years old but had very very low milage. They bought it and three years later they were so amazed by the way it always worked, got anywhere and could do it all with 8 people in that they wanted another one.

This time it was brand new. The colour of it seemed to put buyers off, which meant we got a good offer and on the 1st of January 2007, we had a brand new LC100 GX.R parked up on the drive. After 3 years and 60,000kms, the desire to sell it was non existant. So the next year, on the 16th of December 2011 we bought a LC200 GX.R 60th Anniversary edition again in blue. The 100 series was then given to my father who was commuting daily from Sharjah to Abu Dhabi. The KMs shot up.

We never used to go to the beach in the Land Cruiser. Instead we used my fathers company car, a Chevy Trailblazer, as our primary choice for camping and beaching. Sparing the Land Cruiser for special occasions. However, when the 200 series was purchased the LC100 was the only option. Now, it has taken us to many places on many camping trips, truly showing how capable it is!

Eight years later, the story of our beloved 100 series has come close to ending. A few near miss sales over the last few years almost ended the tale of the Blue Cruiser. The need for extra care is now apparent after we had a front diff replaced in September and some expensive work done with the steering previously.

Almost 9 years after the car was built, our 100 series is still soldiering on. It's almost about to hit a quarter of a million KMs but that, to a Land Cruiser, is merely the break-in period. I know that it would happily keep going to 500,000 or even more, but will we have it until it reaches those figures is a question that we still cannot answer. Dreams of Trans Africa trips are fresh in the mind as are thoughts of driving it back to the UK, but if it ever happens we know that it will be up for the challenge.

Pics to follow.
For videos, subscribe to GoughWaltersGoPro on Youtube.
Or follow @griffgw on Instagram.

Thanks for the Invite to the group!

Land Cruisers have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember (So since I was 3, I am 15 now)

The UAE has also been apart of my entire life. My parents met here in the 80's and the family started in 1992. My dad had a 70 series pickup sometime over the years and my mother used to drive across the desert to work at the Dubai mens college in it, but that was only a company car.

From the day my eldest sister was born, to the day it over heated for the last time (in the very early 2000's), we had LR Discovery's. One black 2 door and a white 4 door (That we had for 10 years). Around the time that the Disco was packing up (a dreadful summer!), my Mother experienced a family friend dominate the dunes in a green 100 series. He told her "Just press this button (centre diff lock) and it will go anywhere." She was hooked.

A few months later, after scouring used car markets, my parents found a white LC100 GX.R in the Al Futtaim Automall. It was a few years old but had very very low milage. They bought it and three years later they were so amazed by the way it always worked, got anywhere and could do it all with 8 people in that they wanted another one.

This time it was brand new. The colour of it seemed to put buyers off, which meant we got a good offer and on the 1st of January 2007, we had a brand new LC100 GX.R parked up on the drive. After 3 years and 60,000kms, the desire to sell it was non existant. So the next year, on the 16th of December 2011 we bought a LC200 GX.R 60th Anniversary edition again in blue. The 100 series was then given to my father who was commuting daily from Sharjah to Abu Dhabi. The KMs shot up.

We never used to go to the beach in the Land Cruiser. Instead we used my fathers company car, a Chevy Trailblazer, as our primary choice for camping and beaching. Sparing the Land Cruiser for special occasions. However, when the 200 series was purchased the LC100 was the only option. Now, it has taken us to many places on many camping trips, truly showing how capable it is!

Eight years later, the story of our beloved 100 series has come close to ending. A few near miss sales over the last few years almost ended the tale of the Blue Cruiser. The need for extra care is now apparent after we had a front diff replaced in September and some expensive work done with the steering previously.

Almost 9 years after the car was built, our 100 series is still soldiering on. It's almost about to hit a quarter of a million KMs but that, to a Land Cruiser, is merely the break-in period. I know that it would happily keep going to 500,000 or even more, but will we have it until it reaches those figures is a question that we still cannot answer. Dreams of Trans Africa trips are fresh in the mind as are thoughts of driving it back to the UK, but if it ever happens we know that it will be up for the challenge.

Pics to follow.
For videos, subscribe to GoughWaltersGoPro on Youtube.
Or follow @griffgw on Instagram.

Impressive recollection. And even more impressive is the 'cruiser family'.

You must instill these LC values in your kids when you start your own family.

Good stuff will check out your YouTube channel.

Thanks

My family bought this one new in 2000 and it has been a daily driver since then. Whatever parts it needs it gets, the logic behind it is to just keep it going for as long as its still cranks. We'll keep driving it until the chassis turns to dust :D

@LCUAE, i sold the 60 for almost double what i paid for it! Which made parting with it alot easier. I'm planning on getting another one that's an original gulf spec.

For those of you that never saw the 60 video, here's what LCUAE was talking about:

Love that 100!
Hi All,

Hey gents, let's try to keep this thread free for folks to sign into the clubhouse with their name, location, and rigs. Any and all of you can start new threads in the clubhouse at any time.

LCUAE, not singling you out by the way. And so as not to ignore you, ARB Emirates has the full line of OME kits for the 100-series. That includes spring upgrades for stock height or lift. Beyond that I'm not familiar with the 100 I'm afraid. It'd be worth using the 100-series forum to post up for questions about your problem... lots more guys with 100's over there. Again, don't take this as me chasing you away, just trying to route you where the most people with info will be.

Joel

Ok. I completely understand.

Hi All,

I'm from the US and recently moved to Ras Tanura KSA. The attached picture is my all original 1973 that I had to leave back in Texas. Now I'm currently looking for an 80-84 Fj40 here in KSA to use as my daily driver. If any of the KSA guys know where I can find a nice FJ40, please let me know.

Thanks
Robert

008-2.JPG

Last edited:
Hi All,

I'm am American and recently moved to Ras Tanura KSA. The attached picture is my all original 1973 that I had to leave back in Texas. Now I'm currently looking for an 80-84 Fj40 here in KSA to use as my daily driver. If any of the KSA guys know
where I can find a nice FJ40, please let me know.

Thanks
Robert

View attachment 1031828

Hi Robert ,

Welcome to Arabia Toyota Country.

Are you looking for a project fj40 or a fj40 that you buy change the filters and oils and drive ?

It all depends on your budget. With all the interest from the west, Yemen and East Africa for all the old cruisers I'm afraid prices are going up and quality is going down.

I would assume you work for a big company. If so ask around some of the locals at work to sort you out. I'm sure one of them knows someone with a cruiser for sale.

You can always check online. There are a few options but I would rather see the cruiser before buying it. Other people's quality standards might not match yours.

Saying that I've bought one online but had a Friend go check it and another one by phone but through a trusted source.

Good luck

Hi Robert ,

Welcome to Arabia Toyota Country.

Are you looking for a project fj40 or a fj40 that you buy change the filters and oils and drive ?

It all depends on your budget. With all the interest from the west, Yemen and East Africa for all the old cruisers I'm afraid prices are going up and quality is going down.

I would assume you work for a big company. If so ask around some of the locals at work to sort you out. I'm sure one of them knows someone with a cruiser for sale.

You can always check online. There are a few options but I would rather see the cruiser before buying it. Other people's quality standards might not match yours.

Saying that I've bought one online but had a Friend go check it and another one by phone but through a trusted source.

Good luck

@Mcladin, you could just sell him one of yours... :)

Seriously though, how do I get some of that neat Arabian Cruiser swag. Really digging the club logo.

-Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom