April Club Drive 04/15 Frosty Park, FR 379 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.blackbeltbroker.team
F-150 easy? If so, I will plan to join.
I think you'll like the challenge. Only a few spots to worry about, barring any major erosion that's happened over the last couple months. Or perhaps any additional snowfall as well.
About this time last year had to air down to about 10psi to stay on top of the 2ft half-frozen drifts on the narrow part of the shelf road. Doing so to crest the top was less scary than backing down 1/2 mile or more.

Sounds like a great time.
We can try crossing the "river" at the reservoir and doing the couple trails on the other side. 👍

I should hopefully be there. I may bring the Fj40 or 4Runner this time around

Looking forward to it. We might be able to get up 379A (Almagre Mountain aka Mount Baldy) which is an out-and-back spur off 379. 379A has a shelf portion so if there is snow we'll have to scout and decide whether to go or not.

I’m going to try to come out for this! Haven’t been out in a while

What are the details of this trip? Trying to join with the fam in 100. They weather might make this interesting
@Jimi900
We will meet at the south rally point (Safeway, 1920 S Nevada Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80905) between 8:00 and 8:30. We will do Frosty Park FR 379.

Frosty Park · Colorado 80829 - https://www.google.com/maps/place/Frosty+Park/@38.7636391,-104.9553838,14.64z/data=!4m6!3m5!1s0x87135eb824d8d1b3:0x3f5f76cac5680ca8!8m2!3d38.755543!4d-104.9602508!16s%2Fg%2F1tl1nxcx!5m1!1e4

This should be a pretty easy trail. All are welcome. Hope to see you all.

I think you'll like the challenge. Only a few spots to worry about, barring any major erosion that's happened over the last couple months. Or perhaps any additional snowfall as well.
About this time last year had to air down to about 10psi to stay on top of the 2ft half-frozen drifts on the narrow part of the shelf road. Doing so to crest the top was less scary than backing down 1/2 mile or more.

Sounds like a great time.
We can try crossing the "river" at the reservoir and doing the couple trails on the other side. 👍

Weather forecast is for cooler temperatures and possibly snow showers in the morning Saturday. Be sure to dress appropriately!

I'll bring chili and fixin's for grilled cheese sandwiches!

I've got Doritos, Baked Lays, and two kinds of soda. Anything else I should add? I'm short on ideas since I have no mobile cooking equipment.

Reactions: SAS
Well, not being prepared we're bringing brunswick stew and jalapeno cornbread muffins.
Again.
Oh and a well cared-for iron skillet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom