Anza Borrego during Thanksgiving ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

A buddy and I are planning on heading into Anza for the Thanksgiving break. I’ve done DV for the last 3 years and I need a change. I’m assuming Anza is similar in weather, ‘coldish’ at nite and low 70’s/high 60’s in the day ?

Anyone gonna be down there and/or anyone willing to share their ‘cheat sheets’ about the area ? We don’t need to ’winch & wheel‘ all day. For me it’s more about the overall experience; hanging out and loving the scenery, hiking and exploring on foot, drinking adult beverages and eating so well etc.

Thanks in advance !

jonathan

Last edited:
Do you have dates and how many days? I want to go just depends if wife wants to tag along.

We will be down there the week of Thanksgiving. We always do a family desert trip every Thanksgiving. This year thinking Anza area and JTree.

Do you have dates and how many days? I want to go just depends if wife wants to tag along.
We would leave the Bay Area prob Tues am and need to be back late Sunday.

We will be down there the week of Thanksgiving. We always do a family desert trip every Thanksgiving. This year thinking Anza area and JTree.
Any solid plans and routes ?

We would leave the Bay Area prob Tues am and need to be back late Sunday.
Would it be cool with you guys if i tag along for the trip if it happens? I will be driving the V8 4runner since my 60 is still hibernating.

No problem by me. Where are you in East Bay; you wanna meet and discuss routes/plans/expectations before hand ?

Thanks, Jonathan

Any solid plans and routes ?
Don’t have any solid plans right now. Deciding if we do Thanksgiving on the trail or head home Wednesday and cook at home.

We have hit Fish Creek Wash, Sandstone and near The Slot. Plenty of other trails and areas to explore.

Hi,

Reviving a thread I started, just wanna reach out again and see if there is any more interest or comment before I decide to move forward...or not..

There is a group of Tacoma world guys possibly heading to Ocotillo/Anza Dec 19th.

Went there twice this year. Definitely recommend Fish Creek wash and surrounding area. Plenty of places to camp in the wash. Diablo drop off is a popular hill to ascend and decend out of Fish Creek. "The squeeze" is also in Fish Creek. Trails for days out in Anza.

20210611_174840.jpg
20210611_185843.jpg

There is a group of Tacoma world guys possibly heading to Ocotillo/Anza Dec 19th.

Went there twice this year. Definitely recommend Fish Creek wash and surrounding area. Plenty of places to camp in the wash. Diablo drop off is a popular hill to ascend and decend out of Fish Creek. "The squeeze" is also in Fish Creek. Trails for days out in Anza.

View attachment 2828682View attachment 2828683
Great info, thanks !

@cme4lyt I am out for now since my wife made a plan without me to spend Thanksgiving in Tahoe, if you reschedule just post up I still want to make that trip to Anza one of these days. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving wherever it might be.

Thank You, I’ll keep you posted. Stay safe and have some fun….

Any pics of the incredible trip? ;)
Yes, and what an incredible place and trip. So glad I made the effort since it’s a lotta windshield time from Nor Cal.

The pic with the water in the background was actually Lake Isabella; that was our first nite stop on the way down to Anza…

EAB19BF0-53A6-4C53-AE86-2B8B737A433C.jpeg

7746CC37-C2D2-4264-B10A-0C35DDA20AF4.jpeg

5C9F4897-2CFE-4C1F-9D97-DAE3914FCA26.jpeg

D9FA2F2C-5756-4D8A-9F28-4B122C993B11.jpeg

7EC3DF9C-7F31-4E9B-8EAA-36E83C785625.jpeg

F590D403-2A94-414C-9846-44E03AEFC087.jpeg

Many more photos, this just a small sample….

Many more photos, this just a small sample….
Rad you made it out. As days got closer I totally forgot to check in here to see if you were going. We made it out too for the week of Thanksgiving. I feel like I remember passing an 80 or two out there. Might have been you!
89C4FFA5-08B3-4255-AF37-A5E388D20894.jpeg
A3885283-D5A3-48DC-9473-53C050072461.jpeg

Wow, I’m sure we passed. We were my 80 and a buddies 100…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom