Anyone using Yakima roof rack? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Second that... the regular A1 towers are just fine. There's a ton of room between the bars and the roof. You don't need any spacers.

Here's a gratuitous shot to show you that there's space. :)
DSCN4009.med.jpg

I also have the yak racks. I took the factory rack off and bought the lower towers like alot of other people suggested. I think it looks weird with the extra long towers. Just got back from the beach again this morning. Use mine at least twice a weekend to go surfing love 'em, no complaints. I think once I even had six boards on the roof at one time!!

The Picture just looks a little short on ebay, but if you suggest them I will go for them. Also I only have about 9 inches clearance into garage.

Go for 'em. Incidentally, extra keys are pretty cheap direct from Yakima, or you could just replace the lock cores. Depends if you've already got other Yakima locks or not.

You could also buy a set of 4 lock cores to match your other Yakima locks, order keys for the keyless cores, then "return" the old cores with the new keys from Yakima. Hypothetically speaking, of course. ;)

Polarweasel,

Bending is definately something to consider. I have loaded probably 300#+ on my thule (wood fence material). The load was spread out over the entire width. So the way you load it really makes a difference. I haveto aggree with you that round is more effiecient. I think for all but the most extreme loading, either will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom