Anyone using Nations or DC Power 270amp Alternator? Help Needed (Urgent) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, time-sensitive issue as I may need to return this thing ASAP.

Got a Nations 270XP alternator for the Lexus GX470. Believe it is built by DC Power and Nations is actually just marking it up $40 or so (awesome).
Their alternator omits the one side mounting bolt hole and just has the upper and lower mounting bolt holes.
However, these two bolt holes are spaced about 3mm too far apart.
With the alternator hanging on the upper mounting stud, it's impossible to get the lower mounting bolt started, as the lower hole ends up being misaligned with the hole in the engine block by about 3mm. In other words, the lower bolt hole in the alternator ends up being 3mm too low to line up, because the two bolt holes in the alternator are spaced 3mm too far apart (if that makes more sense).
I removed the alternator and measured to compare with stock, which is how I came up with this 3mm figure (picture attached).

Just wondering if this was the case for other Nations or DC Power alternator users? How were you able to get this thing installed?? I know at least one or two of you have.

So far I've waited 5-days on Nations to get back to me (I'm able to get on the phone with customer service, but unable to speak with anyone who knows what's going on, and unable to get a call back after 3 attempts). Adam, the man himself, finally sent me a very very brief email saying "Anthony" (must be the guy over at DC Power) is sending him some mounting spacers with a larger inside diameter, and he's going to ship them to me. I replied letting him know this wouldn't work for me. This did nothing to fix the 3mm hole spacing issue, and would just give me big sloppy mounting holes instead. I'm not interested in that "solution". I didn't buy a $690 alternator to have these kind of issues.

I guess my plan at this point is to wait to be contacted again and decline whatever other nonsense they propose, and return this thing. I guess I will have to go with something else not based on the DC Power 270XP design.

Thank you in advance for any input on this!

Alternator Caliper Measurements.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom