Anyone try the EC Offroad Reverse Camera? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I doubt it's any better. Looks like a composite RCA cable which will probably be 480i. Regardless, even if you had a 4K camera back there, it wouldn't matter as your screen up front is not HD. In order to get a much better picture, you'd need to replace the screen and the camera.

I doubt it's any better. Looks like a composite RCA cable which will probably be 480i. Regardless, even if you had a 4K camera back there, it wouldn't matter as your screen up front is not HD. In order to get a much better picture, you'd need to replace the screen and the camera.
It says “HD” which might mean 720p. My guess is that it is at least that and is intended to be used with one of there head units.

OP, you could email them and ask to confirm the resolution. Voltage would be another thing to ask. OEM is a goofy 6v. I suspect it’s 12v and meant to plug into there head units.

@brasskey is right that higher def won’t matter with the OEM HU.

It says “HD” which might mean 720p. My guess is that it is at least that and is intended to be used with one of there head units.

OP, you could email them and ask to confirm the resolution. Voltage would be another thing to ask. OEM is a goofy 6v. I suspect it’s 12v and meant to plug into there head units.

Will do. I'll see what they say.

I saw it says HD, but I doubt it is. Composite RCA cable isn’t HD. Unless it’s a component cable, which probably not as composite is yellow. It’s a little suspect when they say HD, but provide no camera specs.

I saw it says HD, but I doubt it is. Composite RCA cable isn’t HD. Unless it’s a component cable, which probably not as composite is yellow. It’s a little suspect when they say HD, but provide no camera specs.
Agreed but they also sell an “SD” camera for $30 and another for $50 that says 682x582 pixels so maybe the HD one is something better.

Got a message back.

The camera is not a plug and play camera. It needs to be wired. Also, it's listed as HD because it only works with their Tesla style head unit. It won't work on the factory unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom