Anyone Know If You Can Monstaline Over Durabak? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Iceaxe

I am my rig's nemesis.
Threads
My Durabak needs a refresh, and I can't stomach manually sanding down four coats of Durabak to do it...

Mine stuck to my driveway, clothes, shoes, & tires. It stuck to my tires for well over a year so I'd say it'll stick to just about anything. The question is:
how well is the duraback stuck?

Mine stuck to my driveway, clothes, shoes, & tires. It stuck to my tires for well over a year so I'd say it'll stick to just about anything. The question is:
how well is the duraback stuck?

The Durabak sticks very well if the surface was prepped. I struggled with a couple of spots on my rig where the PO had put Bondo on the metal, but more or less bonded like cement.

I just put another coat of Durabak on right over my original application that was years old and showing it's age. It's been fine for over a year now.

Reactions: RFB
Yeah I’d like to switch over to Monstaliner because I think it looks better...

Heres thedeal it will stick only as well as the finish under sticks now, if you have peeling chips etc prep those spots and bare minimum sand up the coating thats on there now, and it will be fine. there shouldnt be a chemical reaction ;)

I don't know that the two will mix well. I don't have personal experience but durabak is a polyurethane coating and the monstaliner is an expoxy. You might just give magnet paints a call and ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom