Anyone know about this Allegis Corporation for trailer lid shocks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cbmontgo

SILVER Star
Threads
I have been online trying to buy the shocks for my trailer lid. A lot of folks have recommended Allegis Corp for this. I went online, and you have to email them and give them your phone number for a quote. I FINALLY got a call back today after almost 2 weeks and they can't give me a quote over the phone; they have to email it. I still have not received the email they sent at 3PM today (it is 7:30PM now).

They also say that I have to email them my credit card number for the transaction after I get the quote email from them. This seems really cumbersome. Is this the same experience others have had? I have never heard of a place where you can't pay over the phone OR on the Web site.

I know they are legit as a company, but it there an easier way?

My experience was positive; I collected my list of part numbers of their website, then made the call and ordered the parts gave my CC and had my stuff in less than 4 days.

In their defense they are used to Business to Business sales not web sales

NAPA can get you just about any strut you need quite cheaply. I wouldn't screw around with Internet for something like a gas strut, when NAPA will have a set in your hand by 3:00 pm the same day, and apologise for the delay.

If you have any doubts about cheap struts and heavy lids, buy four struts (with half the rated capacity), and double mount them. Then they will be hell for strong, and still affordable and easy to find if you need a replacement. And if one blows out, you can still open and close the lid without too much difficulty, since you will have lost only 25% of your lift rather that 50%...

John Davies
Spokane WA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom