Anyone have a spare 19k lying around? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil said:
I sent the guy two Emails with no reply....I think he is just pushing paper and does not even own them. JMO

That is a possibility. He sent me one reply, but never answered any questions. Although I think he replied to Steve (Trailer)

But maybe he didn't.

Jared

The seller of the Canadian M101s, Michele Knautz, has responded to every emailed question that I sent to him, usually in less than an hour. I received a total of 8 responses from him. Jared; What questions did you ask that were not answered?

The end date was extended after I posed the possiblity of a group buy and realizing that there was only one day left to organize it. I thought it was considerate of him to do so.

Here's a list of particulars, some of which were contained in the correspondence mentioned earlier.

The trailers will be shipped from Champlain, NY to a destination of the buyers choosing. All of the trailers have to be shipped at the same time and to the same location. The cost of shipping is included in the selling price of $850/trailer based on the lowest bid amount.

All of the trailers are as described in the auction and all look the same as the one pictured.

We were assuming Phoenix, AZ to be the shipping destination based on that being where most of the demand was located.

What more do you guys want?

Why does he answer your emails and not ours? To be honest, how can he expect someone to bid 19k on this when he doesn't answer emails?

I just asked him where the trailers were located and if we could have someone take a look at them.

I also asked him if these trailers were "new" or how used they were.

I got no response to these questions.

BTW, I like ebay, but I don't think processing this transaction through ebay really is essential. If the auction ends without a bid we could still try and work something out with the guy.

This would give us more time to verify what he has and who he is before we send him 19k. I would not feel comfortable putting my neck on the line for 19k without some additional verification.

Especially since he doesn't answer my emails.

Plus, it is just tough to do a group buy on ebay. The bidder is always going to be on the hook for the whole purchase even if the rest of group bails.

I think this is a good deal. If I had the 19k lying around I would go for it. I think we could eventually get rid of all those trailers even if we tried to sell them for 1200 bucks a piece.

Jared

Jared, He did not answer you questons because it is illegal to old an ebay auction without having the goods in your hand. Your questions would have revealed that.

. An offer of 11K would have been a better deal. 850 is not a great price for a group buy through ebay

Gone ... Sorry guys. That ends my participation in the group buy. It's obvious that this is not going anywhere.

Jared - I don't know why the seller chose to answer my emails and not yours. Perhaps he didn't think you were serious. Again, the trailers are located in Champlain, NY as the auction description clearly states. How many times do you need to be told.

Good luck with your trailer quest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom