Anyone got pics of cable / electric lockers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Greg_B said:
Beanz info is interesting. If anyone has a 70 and 42 axle side by side it would be great to confirm Beanz measurements, as the general thought is the 70 housing is slighty wider. The perchs do need moving bout a 1/4" or so. The 70 inner and out shafts are identical to the 42 series.

hth's

gb

Well, think about it, Greg. The third member is identical in size (of course here we are talking about 85-89 axles), the inner axles are the same length, the birfields and spindles are the exact same size and the wheel hubs have the mounting surface at the same place relative to the bearings. Where can the extra width come from? :)

I'm just too lazy to pull my FJ40's out of storage to do any measurements. Let Michael do all the work :D

Dave

beanz2 said:
Well, think about it, Greg. The third member is identical in size (of course here we are talking about 85-89 axles), the inner axles are the same length, the birfields and spindles are the exact same size and the wheel hubs have the mounting surface at the same place relative to the bearings. Where can the extra width come from? :)

I'm just too lazy to pull my FJ40's out of storage to do any measurements. Let Michael do all the work :D

Dave

Me too. I know for a number of years people have been using this information that Mullen put together in the FAQ. Maybe Micheals time will answer this once and for all...http://www.birfield.com/modules.php?name=TLCFAQ&p=/~ramullen/FAQ/TEXT/09-00.html

gb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom