Anyone got an old battery I can use for a core? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to get get an AGM battery for the 'house' battery in the truck.
There's what looks like a great deal on Group 31 100AH AGM DEKA 8A31DTM for $130 (with core trade) at DIY Solar in Spring Valley (Deka 8A31DT 12V-105ah AGM Battery NEW Cosmetic Blem - boat parts -... - https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/bpo/d/spring-valley-deka-8a31dt-12v-105ah-agm/7321625762.html)

It's a big damn battery buy my measurements say it just fits in my battery box, though hold downs will need some thought.
Anyway, if someone has a battery laying around and wants it gone I'll take it and save the $28 core charge.

I do plan on attending tomorrows meeting at Mike's BBQ and not forgetting to go this time...

Yep! Got one on the bench right now... Optima yellow that's cooked...

I have one, free for the taking if anyone needs one.

I have a group 31 deadhead you're welcome to have. Just a heads up the CCA is not the usual 1000 or so or the one they offer.

e a group 31 deadhead you're welcome to have. Just a heads up the CCA is not the usual 1000 or so or the one they offer.
Well I did more measuring here and concluded a 31 won't really fit. So, backing down to next smaller size. I'm not so much looking for CCA, mostly want a good 20-hour AH rating. 100 AH is about the max you can fit in a under the hood factory battery box in an 80. The 31 size provides 110AH, but just ain't gonna fit. The same place has new 80AH AGMs for $99... I just can't make myself pop $350 for another Northstar...

I'm going to try to make the meeting... I'll put the battery in the truck just in case...

I'm going to try to make the meeting... I'll put the battery in the truck just in case...
Well I did more measuring here and concluded a 31 won't really fit. So, backing down to next smaller size. I'm not so much looking for CCA, mostly want a good 20-hour AH rating. 100 AH is about the max you can fit in a under the hood factory battery box in an 80. The 31 size provides 110AH, but just ain't gonna fit. The same place has new 80AH AGMs for $99... I just can't make myself pop $350 for another Northstar...
I've felt that pain, believe me. are you still going t need a core, I have a plethora. Remember when cores were five bucks?

I've felt that pain, believe me. are you still going t need a core, I have a plethora. Remember when cores were five bucks?
One way or another I'm gonna need a core to turn in, so yeah, bring it along and I'll cheerfully buy you a beer or two.

Yeah, it's crazy what they want for core charges these days... but try to give them a battery when not buying one, most places won't take them. American Battery here in Escondido used to give you $1 for any battery you brought to them. Not sure that's still the deal though.

One way or another I'm gonna need a core to turn in, so yeah, bring it along and I'll cheerfully buy you a beer or two.

Yeah, it's crazy what they want for core charges these days... but try to give them a battery when not buying one, most places won't take them. American Battery here in Escondido used to give you $1 for any battery you brought to them. Not sure that's still the deal though.
👍👍

@Bud_Dude I'm coming tonight and have the battery in the back of the 100. See you there!

When and where is the meeting?

When and where is the meeting?
Sorry - just saw your message here…
Meetings are 1st Tuesday of each month at Mike’s BBQ in Escondido. Most arrive between 5-6pm in the bar for food and drinks. The meeting proper begins at 6:30 in the meeting room.

I echo Buds comment.... would love to have you at the next meeting!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom