Anyone ever use a Tent Cot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just spent the last month living in my tenticot thanks to Katrina and RITA.

Good product. Easy to set up/take down. You really need a pad under you to be really confortable. A good over thick camping mat is perfect (not the thin backpacker model).

That said I am going to stick to my tent, pad and sleeping bag for base camp wheeling and use the Tenticot for expedition/ pick up and move daily operations. Definitely an ecomomic option in comparison to the $1800 roof top tent.

How do these hold up in the rain? Do you stay dry inside?

A friend of mine just used a single-person Tentcot on our trip this past weekend. I'd never seen or heard of one before. It works pretty well and he likes it. He can set it up and take it down in about a minute. He uses a Thermorest pad to keep warm on it. We were in 30 degree temperatures and snow at above 6000 feet and he was comfortable. It's a few inches deep and about 3' x 3' square when folded, so he just throws it on top of all his gear. Kinda pricey (at around $150, I think), but convenience doesn't come cheap.

YMMV.
Todd Bull.

Oasis II rtt?

so what's the "skinny" on the Oasis II?

"At Oasis Tents USA we are proud to be the exclusive distributor of Oasis Tents in the United States. These tents represent the latest in SUV and Car rooftop tent design with features not available from any other manufacturer. With lightweight (38lbs) and modern materials the Oasis can be fitted to almost every make and model vehicle on the road to handle all your camping needs quickly and easily. These truly are the best rooftop tents in the world with comfort style and ease of use far beyond the competition."

:beer:

Toy80oasis_jpg_jpg_jpg.jpg

That oasis 2 is nearly $1000. For that price, I would prefer the mombasa.

I have a double that I would like to sell. Its been use twice. PM me or I guess I should post in the Classified section. :D

I am in the Bay Area CA

I was very surprised that the double cottent was only $230. It's got me thinking...

I've been sleeping in tentcots almost exclusively on the beach for years... we don't have cats or bears or snow to contend with... but we do have nasty weather/wind and fine sugary sand. Tentcots are hands down the tent of choice for S. TX. surf-fishermen that camp alone or in groups of guys. When I'm wth my kiddo and/or girlfriend its back to the tent. If you go this route, definitely get the rainfly... I also have to use a sleep pad... so much kinder on the back. The biggest negatives for my application is they take up so much room and weight compared to my 3lb 2-man tent

jc

I had just received my double tent cot from Bass pro shops $306.00 delivered to my door it includes the rain fly and storage bag .So far my impressions of it are great quality , lightweight and is easily mountable on top of a trailer .The center bar is noticeable but can be remedied by an inflatable/foam mattress for the price you can't go wrong for a good night sleep off the hard ground. I would like to own an easy-awn but its just too heavy/bulky for my trailer.

We used them this year on Ultimate Adventure. Normally we got into camp late at night and the last thing you want to do is set up camp. The tent-cot takes care of that. Just put it down and open in up. With the rainfly it works great in the rain. Bulky to take along, but for situations where you have to put up and take tents down every day they are a close second to rooftop tents. Needs a little extra padding like a thermarest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom