Anyone ever have a problem after washing motor? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Re: Anyone ever have a problem after washing motor

"Old guy"

I've got yer "old guy" right here.......... :ugh:

Old compared to some, like myself and Cruisin'

Great story -B-. Did the man say continue? Around here it is pretty hilly. My dad had a 36 Ford. On the way to see my grandmother with my mother and two kids was a 1/2 mile steep hill. The car didn't have enough power to make it up forward and since reverse was a lower gear he used to turn around at the bottom and back up the hill. Turn back around at the top and keep going.
Also, those old vacuum wipers like on the all primer 50 Ford I had were good for one thing. If you unplugged them the car would backfire when you left off the gas. Pretty cool for a young guy. :G
Bill

Bill,

>> Did the man say continue? <<

Yep, the man said continue. :G

I posted pics of the La Bajada trail about 3 months ago. According to historians, the early travellers would go up in reverse.

The "exciting" thing about those old vacuum wipers was when you were in a heavy rainstorm (frequent in East Texas) and tried to pass someone on the old 2 lane highways. You would floor the accelarator, the engine would lose vacuum, and the wipers would stop dead in their tracks; so the majority of the pass was completely blind. Nice feature. Brought me closer to Jesus on many occassions.

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom