Anyone else getting text edit format issues on iOS? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bloc

SILVER Star
Threads
Updated iPhone, using safari.

The text edit feature for thread replies and new posts is extremely annoying. Sometimes hitting double return to double space will delete whole words out of the previous paragraph. (I have video of this behavior if needed.)

Other times when double return the first will be auto capitalized, but the second won’t. Often when backspacing through multiple spaces it’ll jump more than one for each backspace.

(Just had to hit return three times and manually shift to get this started). Basically, formatting is very strange, and this has been the case over a couple phones and iOS updates. It is finally frustrating enough I’m wondering whether it is just me. Plus, it doesn’t seem to get patched.

Anyone else?

Have you tried using Chrome?

Typing this on Firefox. Same behavior.

I’m reluctant to mess with chrome long term for privacy reasons but will install it to troubleshoot if you think it’ll help.

I have not noted any reports on the Xenforo website with regards to iOS issues...and with 47% of IH8MUD mobile users on iPhones and running Safari, i would expect others to reporting the same issue. (40k+ unique users in 7 days)

Hopefully a user familiar with iOS can pipe up, I've never owned an iPhone.

I have not noted any reports on the Xenforo website with regards to iOS issues...and with 47% of IH8MUD mobile users on iPhones and running Safari, i would expect others to reporting the same issue. (40k+ unique users in 7 days)

Hopefully a user familiar with iOS can pipe up, I've never owned an iPhone.

Meanwhile I’ll try to get a more complete list of the odd behaviors.

What throws me off is this happening on my old iPhone 10smax and current 11.

So, hitting return twice to double space after a third paragraph just went back and deleted my whole second paragraph. This is infuriating. And, so random it’s hard to record behaviors. It is crazy to me that I’m the only one dealing with this, on different phones and different browsers.

I guess I’ll just have to start screen recording every time I post something.

Did the board recently update software or something?

This issue randomly went away a while back. I'm not sure when, but everything worked for months, across three ios devices. Then it started again a few days ago out of the blue.

Any more ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom