Anyone done a dual battery setup in a 5.7L Tundra? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cwwfj60

Supporting Vendor
Threads
As the title states, anyone installed an additional battery under the hood yet? I'm considering adding a battery but haven't really needed it yet. Just planning for the future. I'm sure it's doable, just wanted to see what some others have come up with as far as battery trays and locations.

I'm interested to see as well. I've read people posting about an AUX battery in the bed or behind the rear seats. I haven't seen one in the engine bay yet.

Slee has a dual battery setup for the 200 series LC. I wonder if it could be adapted to the Tundra.

I put mine in the bed, mounted on top of the Decked system. It was work, but super nice to have.

I had a hard time finding a spot for my arb air compressor, I don't think the engine bay is an option without shuffling stuff around.

An interesting spot would be tucked up in the rear wheelwell in a battery box. There's a fair bit of room in there.

IMG_0091.JPG
Here is a pic of my buddies dual battery set up on his 2016 TRD Pro. I have the same rig and will do this as well. You have to replace the tray.

That's nice. Any more info on what tray and parts he used? I've seen mention of doing just that setup on Tundratalk before, but I haven't seen an actual vehicle done like that until now. I know others have replaced stock batteries with dual batteries of the gel type like that in the stock location on other rigs and I've wondered if it could be done on the Tundra. Now I know. Thanks for posting this.

Spencer's Tundra battery setup?

Yes, this is Spencer's rig. Here is who he got the dual battery tray from. Mike Espinoza M&M Automotive in Utah. (801) 572-3150

Small world. I thought I had seen that photo before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom