Anyone connect the factory accessories to their second battery? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

r2m

Richard
Threads
This is for anyone who has a dual battery setup in their rig:
Has anyone ever connected their factory accessories, e.g. factory radio, cigarette lighter, etc. to their second (house) battery along with the winch, light bar, compressor or whatever else may be connected to that second battery?

Basically so that the "Starter battery" is just for starting and can't be drained by any ancillary accessories.

I'd like to be able to run my GX's radio, roll up/down windows, sunroof, parking lights, etc. and not worry about draining my "Starter" battery. Right now I have my compressor, winch, rack light bar, proximity lights and inverter connected to my house battery, but love to also have everything that presently runs when the start button is in "Auxiliary" position changed to the house battery.

Anyone have any ideas???

Last edited:
Might be easier to just use the stock battery as the house battery and move the starting duties to a second battery. Then you only have to deal with one function (starting) instead of rewiring everything else. Don't know how easily this could be done on the GX. On older vehicles it would be pretty simple just by moving the wire connected to the starter.

I have installed a second fuse box and all the additional accessories will run off that, but all the stock functions still run off the stock battery.

Might be easier to just use the stock battery as the house battery and move the starting duties to a second battery. Then you only have to deal with one function (starting) instead of rewiring everything else. Don't know how easily this could be done on the GX. On older vehicles it would be pretty simple just by moving the wire connected to the starter.

I have installed a second fuse box and all the additional accessories will run off that, but all the stock functions still run off the stock battery.
I agree, it would much easier if I could just find the wire to the starter and just isolate the starter battery that'd be great. But the simplicity of it all went down hill fast when they started using "Push Button" starts and all the other gizmos...
Makes me miss the ~1960 cars I had in the 70's for my first vehicles. How simple everything was back then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom