Anyone? - CLC Classifieds thread (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That’s why you have the 100

I don’t really trust the 01 with the 4 speed to tow 6,500-7,000 lbs. it’s max rating is 6,500 lbs. which is the same as my tacoma. Could just keep and get an aluminum trailer or something

Last edited:
But seriously, airbags in the back of the 100 and brakes on your trailer will save you twenties of thousands of dollars.

Yeah I have my eyes on a f250 with 60k miles. I already am paying 250-300 each time I want to wheel lee Majors for the tow dolly. Bigger truck, and a steel trailer would be nice

But seriously, airbags in the back of the 100 and brakes on your trailer will save you twenties of thousands of dollars.

The shorter wheelbase is the problem on the 100. The main reason I’ve been towing with the Tacoma over the 100 is because I have a trans cooler and sway control on the Tacoma. The taco and LC have the same row rating and similar wheelbase. The motor in the Tacoma is just not as V8 ish as the land cruiser hah

This.... Airbags and roll! I've pulled several things with my 100 and its lights out better than my TRD 4 runner (basically same platform.) 100 has weight on its side and I wouldn't think twice about pulling lee with 100.

The shorter wheelbase is the problem on the 100. The main reason I’ve been towing with the Tacoma over the 100 is because I have a trans cooler and sway control on the Tacoma. The taco and LC have the same row rating and similar wheelbase. The motor in the Tacoma is just not as V8 ish as the land cruiser hah

Have you pulled Lee with the 100 yet? I'd at least try it prior to ruling it out. Airlift 1000 in the back help with the sag.

My 100 weights probably 7k to 8k pounds and I pushed my 99 with 240k miles all over CO and TX with a 3k trailer and trans temp never a issue.

Get a scan gauge and you will learn to drive differently.

You soon will be buying a beater due to gas mileage.

Buy a lighter weight trailer and spend the money there not on a pickup truck.

So my 100 had the hitch removed by the PO. But a nice aluminum trailer would help a lot with the towing. If this truck falls through, which is likely, it might just come down to that. If I tow with the 100 I’ll need to install airbags, wire in a 7 pin, brake controller, install hitch and find hardware, etc.

I’m staying out of this. A taco that he claims he is upside down in being replaced by a f250 with the possibility of an aluminum car hauler...all to tow a truck to and from events a handful of times a year. I wish I was still in the car business.

Haha aluminum trailer would be if I kept the taco. If I got the big truck I’d get a steel and wood heavy trailer. Full size truck had to tow the 100 last night. Water pump crapped the bed. Towed supa good.

48507D2B-F6A5-4683-B502-CA4E378FCA38.jpeg

Actual water pump or the fan bracket?

Is this the CLC Classifieds Thread?!?

The pullly was spinning like it has had about 20 beers and leaking coolant. Not sure if bracket or pump itself

Bracket doesn’t leak coolant. Water pump is behind the timing cover and cannot be seen without removing the timing covers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom