Anyone build overland RV on Landcruiser frame. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ranma21

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.februarydesign.com
So I have been looking for a travel traiIer that I can camping with my 3 gals with our Cruisers. Not going to do rooftop tent, floor tent. I can either buy one and beef it up or build one. Been looking for either a Casita 17" Spirit or a Winnebago Micro Minnie 2100BH. am playing with the idea of building an overland RV on a 100 series frame. Reason being is the frame and suspension is plenty strong ready for offroad use. And also I have a 100 frame with rear axle sitting around as well. Idea is to build one approximately 17f long, self contained rv trailer, sleep 4 people, with shower, fridge and stove. Similar to a 17" casita rv. Plan to use composite board for walls and roof, so it is light, insulated and strong.

Challenge is that it required more time and fab to build the floor as it is not a flat platform. May be easier to just build a flat platform from ground up but forgo the advantage of the 100 LC platfrom.

Anyone build one on any LC frame?

I think weight is the issue and you can shave a lot of weight by not using a full landcruiser frame

but I’m a man of use what ya got so pinch it up front and turn that thing into a cheap overland trailer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom