Any M57 Swaps? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know they’re super common in patrols and defenders and other LR variants. Anyone done one on an LC? I see they’re is at least one adapter out there.

They make plenty of power and have a good reputation.

interesting question! That motor is very popular outside of America and makes a ton of off-road power. a 4bt seems to be the diesel of choice for swaps in the USA.

interesting question! That motor is very popular outside of America and makes a ton of off-road power. a 4bt seems to be the diesel of choice for swaps in the USA.
Yeah! Not a fan of the 4bt, love the 6bt.

Would love to see a swap with one of these. I’m sure they are out there. Just have not seen any!

Oh man… got rid of the ‘gram. Maybe I’ll steal my wife’s. Absolutely destroy her algorithm. 😂

I only look at Cruisers, dogs, travel and hot women on IG. 🤗

Cheers

I know couple guys with Patrols and m57 , the wiring is pretty simple actually

I know couple guys with Patrols and m57 , the wiring is pretty simple actually
That’s interesting. I need to research it more. Our LR3 had that 6hp26 and it was a sweet transmission. Seems to be what a lot of them go with.

Biggest version is 3 litre?
Torque and power specs aren't that exciting, unless your looking at what U assume is the twin turbo versions.
Even then, they are more highly strung than an HD-FTE to hit those numbers.
HD-FTE would be easier in terms of being able to use factory trans, trans case etc, and bolt in in 80s, 70s , 100s
Upgrade turbo injectors exhaust etc on a HD-FTE you'll easily match the higher figures on the M57

@mudgudgeon Yeah, largest is right at 3.0. Just a tune and better single turbo and intercooler puts out some impressive numbers. More than I’d need. Definitely higher rpm’s than the FTE, but plenty reliable. Would definitely want to keep the BMW transmission matched with engine. I think there transmissions are good. I would just say more modern. I don’t disagree with anything you’ve said. I think I’d sum it up and say it could do most of the stuff the fte can, barring towing likely, but cheaper all things said. If you can do it yourself.

This is not strictly related but why do people put a Barra in when a Turbo 1FZ is arguably a more robust engine and Toyota kindly installed it for you?
Not bashing the Barra, have made 670hp on a hub dyno with a Barra on E85, but the 1FZ doesn't have the oil pump issues, etc etc

My M57 (2011 335D) came with a Dyno sheet showing 840 lb-ft at the crank - 660 at the wheels. HP was ~450?
It has given me up to 36 MPG (when my girl drives it...), and has been absolutely dead nuts reliable.
Oh, and it has 212K miles on it.
The engine and turbo are stock, just bolted on mods...

Just saying, it's a good powerplant.

My M57 (2011 335D) came with a Dyno sheet showing 840 lb-ft at the crank - 660 at the wheels. HP was ~450?
It has given me up to 36 MPG (when my girl drives it...), and has been absolutely dead nuts reliable.
Oh, and it has 212K miles on it.
The engine and turbo are stock, just bolted on mods...

Just saying, it's a good powerplant.

Can you post the dyno sheet? A lot of them get gear ratio wrong which multiplies torque.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom