'Any INEXPENSIVE (GOOD) 12V fridges out there? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Never bought one. I have an 800 inverter, and a small fridge in my semi
This will also suck down a truck battery, you wouldn't notice in a semi.
Edit: I recall my sons Kenworth had an option for a built in Norcold fridge freezer. I think a lot of the newer trucks come pre wired for a RV type fridge.

I see a lot of cheaper fridges flooding the market. I looked at a few and they seem to be using compressors that are normally used in smaller capacity fridges. This means that the compressor will be running for longer periods or more often.

The price on fridges seems to have skyrocketed and I'm not sure why. I bought a Dometic CFX-65 a little over two years ago. I had to talk myself into spending $720 shipped. I've been thrilled with it. But now they are in the $1100 range. I could not talk myself into spending that much. I too would be looking at a cheaper model.

For what it is worth, I bought this fridge earlier this year for about $300. Its a little more expensive now. It sits in the back of my 80 and hasn't been switched off since I got. I have a solar set up that appears to keep this running non-stop. Sure there are things that bug me about it (Door opens lengthways) but even with a side opening door I would need gull wing rear windows for it to be of any benefit. For me the fridge is way more handy than a cooler which is why I chose this route. After work I can just find a nice spot and pull a cold beer with no preparation other that making sure I have beer..Ice is a thing of the past..:)

Amazon product ASIN B07QYM859M

Any updates on this topic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom