Any idea what this device is for? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello there
I got my HDJ80 a few days ago and i love that beauty. The car is in perfect condition and completely stock, no mods at all (yet ;)). Except of a aftermarket immobilizer...

So i removed the immobilizer today and also found that the flasher relay is somehow zip tied to the wiring loom and there was a little white device wired between the fuse box and the relay. The white box also has a green LED, on a wire but no idea when it came on because it was not visible...

Anyway i removed this thing and connected the relay back on the fuse box and everything still works like expected...

So does anyone have a idea what this device does? According to the datasheet of the chip inside it is a flasher impulse generator but isn't this already integrated in the flasher relay?

20230829_194843.jpg

20230829_194900.jpg

20230829_194944.jpg

Yep, what @mudgudgeon said. I'd bet the two brown wires are for your indicators, red/black power, and white is your trigger wire. Wherever the white wire went to, that device was set to flash the indicators.

yeah i was guessing the same but it was not wired to anything else than the fuse box and the chassis ground...

The brown and white wires were for the LED btw...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom