Antenna replacement help ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to replace the antenna on my 82 FJ60. Do I have to take the fender skirt off to get to a nut ? I took the nut off the base from the top but could not get it off . Everything I found on youtube seems to be for a power antenna. Does anyone have any "Indian tricks" for this ?

Decades ago I removed my original manual pull-up antenna and installed an electric one. I don’t remember how the original one came off but I didn’t remove the fender and it wasn’t a problem removing the antenna.

Decades ago I removed my original manual pull-up antenna and installed an electric one. I don’t remember how the original one came off but I didn’t remove the fender and it wasn’t a problem removing the antenna.
This is good news

I just did this. I did remove the washer reservoir. The antenna came out easily. All and all it went smooth. I did an aftermarket antenna… it looks crappy and I’ll replace it with a real one soon.

Vintage Teq is sold out of 60 antennas. Is there another option people have used that looks alright and bolts in easy?

I replaced it today with a shorter black one . Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Vintage Teq is sold out of 60 antennas. Is there another option people have used that looks alright and bolts in easy?

They should be back in-stock later this week ...

Comes out easy and like he said get the washer jar out and easy. Get back there with a box wrench and done! Cleaned mine up

DAB5ACEB-7BBD-46CA-B2C7-1A4A84024AA9.jpeg

BF277209-ACF0-463C-AE50-6286F1A962EF.jpeg

F2CBE48A-CC3F-496E-819C-2519DAACDD62.jpeg

Where does the antenna wire route through the firewall?
Going to bump this.

I never had a factory antenna, or one that was hooked up, in my truck.

Just pulled the dash and installed a new radio/speakers and need to run the antenna to the back of the radio head.

Can anyone chime in with the location that the antenna line goes through the firewall?

IMG_0110.jpeg

FJ62 Ant wire (below 2 blue wires) runs thru firewall at major grommet. Need to remove washer fluid reservoir.

View attachment 3361982
FJ62 Ant wire (below 2 blue wires) runs thru firewall at major grommet. Need to remove washer fluid reservoir.
Thank you for posting this pic in the main forum. That was a huge help, and I sure do appreciate it.. Got the wire run and everything buttoned back up. Wow, its nice to have a stereo!

Here to help :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom