another V8 questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ40onNOS said:
stock rad, fan clutch, keeps my s*** cool!
Tell me more of your setup. Are you running a V8? Your post and sig line don't say. I lived in The Woodlands and I would be VERY surprised if a stock 40 radiator would keep any V8 cool there. "air you can wear', we used to say!

350, stock(chev)water pump, stock(toy)radiator, flex fan, trimmed stock shroud = over heating problems.
350, stock(chev)water pump, stock(toy)radiator, 3.8 L Taurus electric fan = no overheating issues.

All I did was pull the flex fan and shroud and mounted the Taurus electric fan. Permacool wiring kit. No overheating in 90+ in Utah while out wheelin'.

PO - 350/stock rad/no shroud/stock water pump/ 6 blade flex fan -"It seems to run hot. I don't know why"

Now - 350/ 4 row aluminum rad/ reverse rotation pump with serp belt/ taurus fan - cool as the other side of the pillow. :grinpimp:

The key is a good shroud, i think. Whether you're using the electric fan's built in shroud, or a good one around a mechanical fan, you gotta have a good shroud.

Yeah, in retrospect I think Gumby has hit the nail on the head, good shroud is the key. I might have been able to get away with just putting a shroud that fits right on it. No regrets going with the Taurus fan though. Pretty simple.

dgangle said:
Tell me more of your setup. Are you running a V8? Your post and sig line don't say. I lived in The Woodlands and I would be VERY surprised if a stock 40 radiator would keep any V8 cool there. "air you can wear', we used to say!

no i have the big 6, but i cracked my clinder wall in the 1st piston so i think im going with a v8 now but i still dont know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom