Another rust question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In the south, looking at an LX in the north. Rest of car is clean and checks out. Any issues with any of these underneath photos? Thank you in advance.

2e222fc0d8_1280.jpg

5b0b306353_1280.jpg

539fa78516_1280.jpg

c50ec9c739_120.jpg

d53d75e452_1280.jpg

It looks pretty good to me. This rust is superficial and you can probably remove and stop it - or at least slow it down - with a few hours of care.
I agree - doesn't look bad. A weekend with a wire wheel, paint, and fluid film should keep it at bay for a long time, especially if you're taking the truck back south. But you're gonna break some bolts when working on that thing, so be prepared.

I agree - doesn't look bad. A weekend with a wire wheel, paint, and fluid film should keep it at bay for a long time, especially if you're taking the truck back south. But you're gonna break some bolts when working on that thing, so be prepared.
Thank you, my friend. Much appreciated.

I agree with everyone else. I'm from Maryland--so thats not bad at all. Wire wheel really good once, then fluid film once or twice a year and she's good to go for a long time

Look closely at the rear frame crossover where it joins the long frame rail, drivers side. There is no factory drain hole and this is where they hold water and go bad. It sneaks up and all of the sudden there is a hole in the frame that you pick at a bit and can put your hand through. PM me for more if you want.

I'll piggy back on this thread. Thinking about picking up another LC for the wife. One showed up locally, anything concerning about these pictures?
Screenshot_20211227-210552_Messenger.jpg
Screenshot_20211227-210547_Messenger.jpg
Screenshot_20211227-210409_Messenger.jpg
Screenshot_20211227-210405_Messenger.jpg
Screenshot_20211227-210403_Messenger.jpg

I'll piggy back on this thread. Thinking about picking up another LC for the wife. One showed up locally, anything concerning about these pictures?
View attachment 2876566View attachment 2876567View attachment 2876568View attachment 2876569View attachment 2876570
Yeah, instead of removing most of the rust then applying a converter + paint + fluid film (or similar), the owner just painted over the rust. Wouldn’t be surprised if the paint started flaking off with chunks of rotten metal.

Look closely at the rear frame crossover where it joins the long frame rail, drivers side. There is no factory drain hole and this is where they hold water and go bad. It sneaks up and all of the sudden there is a hole in the frame that you pick at a bit and can put your hand through. PM me for more if you want.
Thank you. Appreciate the heads up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom