Another 40 trailer build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator
Threads
Finally got started on my camp trailer.
Specs include a FJ60 rear axles on 35" tires. FJ60 front springs hold on to the rear axle and are sprung under. The tub currently is about 72" long. I'm not overly impressed with the amount of length that is in front of the axle, but I need the 72" to accommodate the roof top tent I'll be sticking on it. Additionally, I have a 16 gal water tank and propane tank that will be mounted in the front portion.

I have another spare tire carrier for the drivers side to either hold another spare or additional gas cans. That should help out with the tongue weight. Looks like about 36" long tongue will allow me to jacknife the trailer without running it into the back of my 60.

Stay tuned as the build progresses. But it's not going to be overnight :D

20130428_170228.jpg

20130428_170248.jpg

20130428_171314.jpg

Last edited:
Cool build Mace.

Definitely put as much weight as you can above or behind the axle!

Cool another 40 tub build. I've started one myself but I'm building it from scratch as 40 tubs are few & far between where I am & it's going to be a slow build too. I will be watching this thread for sure.

I have a bunch of 4x8 sheet metal that i was planning on just wrapping it with :)

Love the look of 40 tub trailers... it makes me a little sad to see such nice tubs being reused, when ours are all rusty up here.

@Mace Any updates on this? I know the last post was 2013, but curious. Someone in the trailer section just posted this thread as a reference.

hey! be patient. he said it was going to be a slow build...

Lol. It's in the exact same shape it was in 2013 ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom