Annoying underbody idle rattle solved. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the same rattle. I tried to tighten the 10mm screw that appears to hold it tight. I didn't even turn it 1/8th of a turn & it snapped the bolt in 2. I guess PO had already tightened it super tight. Any long term cures for this annoying rattle?

Can you post up a photo of the area?

It's where the air intake plenum mounts to the inside of the PS fender. It's the 1st section of the intake that's rattling.

I went out on a fun trail the other day and came back with a rattle when in D and stationary. Noticed when in Chick-fil-A drive through. Checked underneath as I thought I may have banged something up on the trail. Couldn’t figure out what was going on. So of course searched MUD and found this thread. Crawled underneath again this morning to shake my cats, muffler, heat shields, etc. Nothing. I then stated to shake my ASFIR front and middle skid plates. Solid. Then my OEM transfer skid plate. Found a small rock that was on it and yep...that was the source. Sometimes it’s the little things when we go looking for bigger problems.

C6A301C1-D750-43DB-8CE4-F53589C121FE.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom