And onto the suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

trailcarnage said:
Kyle,

I am going to try to make GSMTR, http://www.stlca.org/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=4&tabid=7 You keeping King James straight? We all know that fatty can't do it himself! :)

Tom,

I haven't heard or seen the King. I want to hang out with him and sammy but I never hear from him. I collecting parts for my SAS, I'm think of going 3link with coilovers. I'm hoping to start between May - July. Looks like I'll be going to Tellico or Winrock in May for Trailfest.

Also I last i heard the king was loosing weight.

Axle de-assembly...plamsa

I decided to cut the carrier to get the axle shafts out and replace the carrier with a locker, Detroit or ARB.
First, I remove the outer shell of the carrier with a plasma cutter. Next came the spider gears that ride on the cross pin and then finally the inner spider on the short side axle. I was able to remove it without damaging the third member case and axle housing. I did kill the short side axle by clipping the end off. Now the C clip has nothing to hold against.

I was very impressed by the design of the axle shaft. It was very stout! :bounce: You can see how much larger that it is to the outer spline of a Toy front, inner axle (27-spline).
one_axle_out.jpg
axle_comp.jpg

nice carnage dude....lol

I've got spare carriers, ringless.....pop over.....also, if you check the tech links, I've detailed with photos the PROPER way to weld up a Cruiser center section....center block and axles remove....

bwahahahhahahahahaa

Woody-I already told you that I don't have the attention span to resaearch anything up front. It GENERALLY works out...?.. I may hit you up on a carrier. I need to get this thing on it's feet and out of the garage...I brought home a new Toy this weekend :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom