and now for something different, Coleman Lantern Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Picked this up last month off of Craigslist for $10.00.
It's a 1965, 200, Made in Canada. Original Globe, no dents.

When I went to purchase it, the guy said it was old and did work the last time he used it... but when I showed up he couldn't get it to work.
Offered him $10... and he took it! Simple fix, dried up pump cup and torn mantel. Within 5min of getting it home, I had it working.

Upon further inspection, the lantern needed some TLC and it had some mis-matched pieces.

Decided to go ahead and do a full restore!

All the parts are obtainable through www.oldcolemanparts.com

Cost me around $30.00 for the paint and misc pieces.
Fun little project!

There seems to be a small U/G "cult" of people who collect and restore old Coleman lanterns, who knew! lol
I think I'm a little hooked.... if you have any old coleman you don't want anymore, let me know!

Enjoy!

Nice! it's great to bring back those old pieces. Everything these days is being made out of plastic and with a life span of one day past the warranty. The old stuff was made to last and it's great to be able to restore it and give it another 50+ years of life.

Great job, Mike!

Gives me a little inspiration to restore my old CDN built Coleman suitcase stove (the one with the brass tank). It was also another $20 find and runs on gasoline.

That website is a life saver for restoration parts for sure.

I love functional antiques!

:beer:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/the-coleman-thread.406982/

That's awesome!

That's cool. Looks like a really nice unit now!

My bro (Burphull) has a Coleman Naptha stove that's been in the family since the mid 1970s, and still uses it every camping trip we go on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom