An 80 owner dream! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hoser said:
Romer, I know whaet you are talking about. Many dealerships have their seats redone. I'm not sure how long it lasts but it looks pretty damn good. These were my seats at 65k miles and just exposed from under the seat covers.

It also proves that the stitching pattern looks much better on the (far superior) LXs :D

tea LC said:
** NOT MINE **

I saw on ebay. I emailed the guy to ask if he cleaned or reupholstered.
yeah, I'm an idiot. I didn't see that the 'black' cruiser was in your sig line. Stupid, stupid!!

We had our '96 LC seats recovered at 110K miles. I think Toyota uses the cheapest leather they can find as it was cracking at 30K miles.They were and remain grey leather. All three rows of seats were about $1800 and the quality is much better than original. They even recovered door panels to get the perfect match. It's my wife's car which she uses to take clients around (she's a realtor) and she couldn't be happier. The job took about 2 days, mostly because the shop was extremely busy.

WildYoats said:
I don't know if this has been passed along yet to you all (sorry, I am new to these "80" parts), but in BMW land, a lot of us use a product called Leatherique. The stuff is amazing and refurbishes leather like no other. More info on it here.

http://www.autogeek.net/le32ozkit.html

Johnny

Well, us no brain truck geeks know about Leatherique as well. hehehe :flipoff2:
Yanking your chain dude. Leatherique has been well discussed here. Do a search.

Folks in Porsche land know about it as well. :flipoff2: That's where I first learned about it and have sworn by it ever since.

Just finished doing my wife's Lexus beige leather interior. Man was it dirty and boy does it look good now! The rinse water was diiiiirrrtttttyyyyy!

Boston Mangler said:
Curious, are the NON Leather 80 seats also power?

I would LOVE to trade my grey leather for some nice cloths if they are power!

My cloth ones are not power. Who needs power seats anyway? :princess: Set 'em, and forget 'em...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom