AMP Power Steps on an 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bummer you had trouble with the 80. Glad to hear you are back on track. I won't be doing anything soon with steps on my side either. I'm in the middle of a major overhaul/rebuild. The 80 is at the paint shop now and i still have a lot of other things that need to happen before I get to steps or sliders. Still need to get the aux. fuel tank installed, finish rear bumper, interior sound deadening and storage, etc... I'm almost a year in. What started with an engine rebuild has ballooned into a huge project. I'm hoping to make some major head way in the next few months. Luckily, I have another 80 that I can use in the mean time. Please post what you come up with for the step install when you get there. If I beat you to it I'll let you know.

There were a set on my Tundra at one point (think my buddy's wife was involved, never asked).

The only upside was when they were pulled the puddle lamps were left behind, so those are nice.

They light the Slee sliders real well (Liked my Hanna / 80 sliders so much, it was a no-brainer for the Tundra).

Sliders with puddle lamps I could get behind for a trail 80, but my Dad has Amp boards on his truck & they do their job, but they are no slider.

Dad also I doubt has ever put his ~'14 Chevy Z71 in 4hi - he tows but that's about the end of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom