Amp meters, 79+ who has one that works? (1 Viewer)

Does your 79+ fj40 amp meter work?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=1;threadid=10162;start=msg95225#msg95225 date=1075055581]

to be honest Ohms are a mystry to me(seeing how I lost the manual for my meter I can't figure out which holes to use on the meter ::) even though I went to school with a grandsons of Mr Ohm.......no kiddin. Also in the same class was the grandsons of the guy who wrote the Troll books.........damn what are they called, ah the Bothers Grim, wierd kids. And Kurt Vonagets granddaughter.......she was hot BTW :)

[/quote]

Wow, you hung out with some cool people. :eek: My schools were "diverse" before it was cool. 8)

In honor of your friends, Ohm, you must strive to understand resistance.

It is as the name says: resistance to the flow of current. The more resistance, the less flow. The easy analogy is like water pipes. A little one has a high resistance and low flow. The bigger the pipe the bigger the flow.

The situation with the ampmeter is that its circuit has a little pipe. The fusble link is a thousand times bigger in terms of flow and it runs parallel to the meter pipe, which only carries 1/1000 of the flow to monitor the total current flow.

In this analogy, volts is the fliud pressure and amps is the flow in gallons per minute.

Corrosion at the terminal connections is just like clogging the pipe, it increases the resistance to flow.

Go with the flow. :flipoff2:

It is what your amp meter measures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom