Ammo can center console (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kevin in okinawa

SILVER Star
Threads
I got my ammo can for free, you can find one online for cheap at this website: http://www.generaljims.com/shop/product.cfm?p=64 , or maybe at your local military surplus store.

The rear heater blower works fine to level out this box. I carefully measured out a template for the mounting holes, then drilled holes in the bottom of the ammo can. ** be sure that the shifter in 1st gear (AT) is accounted for. For this reason, the box is snug up against the passenger seat.

I went to the parts yard and snagged a clamshell console/armrest from a Nissan sedan. I then had a reason to buy an inexpensive grinder with which I cut out a hole, rectangle, in the can lid. I had to do some modding to the little plastic screw holes so the arm rest sat recessed. I drilled holes along the edge of the new opening in the lid and screwed/secured the arm rest to the lid.

I also screwed a random tray container to the rear for a drink/thing holder. The rear heater switch is loose for now, I will attach it somewhere later. A little Rustoleum paint, and voila! A bombproof console for peanuts
I have my big tool bag, small tool bag, winch controller, a roll of TP...and there is room for more stuff! Definitely a nice storage area.

! DSC01238.jpg

DSC01233.jpg

DSC01237.jpg
DSC01238.jpg
DSC01233.jpg
DSC01237.jpg

nice job on the console...HJ61 with cable locks sweeeeet just like mine

sweetness

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom