Alternator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
fj40bugcatcher.dyndns.org
Looking for a working Alternator for my 1962 FJ40. Can't seem to find one that looks like the one I pulled off mine. Stamping only says 12068.

20220523_191721.jpg

1. What does the back look like?
2. Why wouldn’t you just post in the classifieds?
3. does it look like this?

1. What does the back look like?
2. Why wouldn’t you just post in the classifieds?
3. does it look like this?

Searched there, but never had much luck posting wanted items.

Close, but no cigar.

20220524_082928.jpg

Do you have a current part number on this? I need to source a rectifier for my old one.

i have some NOS genuine NipponDenso Japan rectifiers , but i need a visual on your burnt up one

i am not a rectifier expert sight unseen , but i can indeed mach up by eye for sure

-

- oh , BTW : please hit the REPLY tab icon in my post here your alternator when you have a question , it will then alert my inbox here on MUD

thanks ..........

matt

i have some NOS genuine NipponDenso Japan rectifiers , but i need a visual on your burnt up one

i am not a rectifier expert sight unseen , but i can indeed mach up by eye for sure

-

- oh , BTW : please hit the REPLY tab icon in my post here your alternator when you have a question , it will then alert my inbox here on MUD

thanks ..........

matt
This has a eight diode layout, but only six are used.

20220527_121629.jpg

You do know your 1962 FJ40 came from the factory with a generator? I never actually purchased a pre 64 that still had a original Toyota generator. Few with alternators and GM generators. Like my old starters found original generators separately.

This has a eight diode layout, but only six are used.

View attachment 3020689

- do u have a semi-accurate way to measure in Millimeters in the firm of a ruler or machinist straight edge that has metric millimeters stamped on it ?

- i am going to need a series or 5 TECH spec. data results from you here ,

- there are 6 different and unique FEN rectifiers used on ALL toyota vehicals using a external FAN Genuine NipponDenso unit like u have documented so very well above i may add !

- nice job on the pics and keep them coming please ..... :)

- im going to post a hopefully easy to understand actual live real time diagram using your exact rectifier image above , i will need center points measurements of ALL the 4 studs on the rear face

- if you don't understand or i get my usual way-too-T-TEN Tech'y , please let me know and i will try to better explain here what it is i need , for now try to locate a

reliable millimeters measuring device , a sliding caliper will do , ONLY if it can spread across all 4 threaded studs above ......

stand by here for my instructional diagram here give me a few minutes to prepare it , i am not going anywhere , so hang tite

matt

i need the center points of A , B , C , and D in millimeters Please

this is the only way i know of to make this a 1 time Rodeo minus any guess work or speculation either ...

bring on the TECH !

20220527_121629.jpg

You do know your 1962 FJ40 came from the factory with a generator? I never actually purchased a pre 64 that still had a original Toyota generator. Few with alternators and GM generators. Like my old starters found original generators separately.
Yep, actually mine still had one, but wasn't working so it along with a half dozen other parts got traded at SOR years ago for other parts that I needed. I should of held onto it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom