Alternator rebuild places? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AndrewHadji

GOLD Star
Threads
Well apparently the alternators didnt make the first shipment to georg over at cruiser brothers. so im stuck waiting another 3 weeks unless i can find a place that can rebuild an old 1990 70 series alternator as well as replace the internal regulator. Anyone know of anywhere? Im in a bind as i have a few trips planned this month. Mainly obx for my birthday on the 24th. Very disappointed.

Well apparently the alternators didnt make the first shipment to georg over at cruiser brothers. so im stuck waiting another 3 weeks unless i can find a place that can rebuild an old 1990 70 series alternator as well as replace the internal regulator. Anyone know of anywhere? Im in a bind as i have a few trips planned this month. Mainly obx for my birthday on the 24th. Very disappointed.

A buddy of mine has a shop out here in Asheville that coukd do it but he said hes swamped recommended Services he said most shops that can do commercial or marine generators or alternators shoukd be able to do it as long as the parts are not hard to source or if they are easily repairable.

A buddy of mine has a shop out here in Asheville that coukd do it but he said hes swamped recommended Services he said most shops that can do commercial or marine generators or alternators shoukd be able to do it as long as the parts are not hard to source or if they are easily repairable.
Thanks, im trying to source all the rebuild parts now to make it easier, maybe find someone local i can give the kit to and make it a no brainer at that point.

Clint's Auto Parts in Lexington does good work. Don't know if they can source the parts.

Alamance starter here in Burlington does all my heavy equipment stuff.

Charlotte Area Alternator Shops?

Hopefully this isn't a hijack, but more of a thread enrichment...

Does any of the Charlotte crew have any alternator shop recommendations near us?

I will need to have my alternator on the 60 rebuilt before the Relic Run so at least I'll have one vehicle that checks all the criteria boxes. My aspiration is to bring the forty, but hats probably a pipe dream.

Any help is appreciated!

Bump - Anyone have a favorite alternator repair shop near or in Charlotte?

I ended up sending mine to old iron offroad if that helps. You can call Rob over there (in GA) and see how long it would take, he had the parts for my 70 series 1hz onhand

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom