Alternative / Compatible Steering Box for LJ78 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All was well until the steering box went :)

Keen to find out if anyone knows of an alternative / compatible steering box that will fit a LJ78?

I am based in New Zealand and finding a recon or one from a wreck seems to be a bit of a challenge.

Are there any places I can try in Australia?

I doubt there are other steering boxes that are a direct bolt-in, from what I can tell that steering box (444110-60240) was only used on the LJ7x models. Perhaps getting the box rebuilt is the best option? Other than that wrecking yards in Australia would probably be a good bet.

I doubt there are other steering boxes that are a direct bolt-in, from what I can tell that steering box (444110-60240) was only used on the LJ7x models. Perhaps getting the box rebuilt is the best option? Other than that wrecking yards in Australia would probably be a good bet.
Thank you for your feedback. I may have found 1 in NZ :) Rebuild is unfortunately not an option due to rust damage.

I don’t think Australia got many LJ’s as I don’t think they were imported there?

I think they go the 'Bundera'. But that was a pre 90 model I believe. There are a bunch of differences in those to the 90+ models.

LJ7x steering box 'looks' very similar to the HZJ7x ones. OP might be able to look into what the differences actually are and if one of those could be used if it's easier to find.

I think they go the 'Bundera'. But that was a pre 90 model I believe. There are a bunch of differences in those to the 90+ models.

LJ7x steering box 'looks' very similar to the HZJ7x ones. OP might be able to look into what the differences actually are and if one of those could be used if it's easier to find.
roger, I have a HJ75 rhd box available if the OP is interested

Thank you. Ended up getting one from wreck and recon it :)
I tried rebuilding mine, but with no experience, i had a hard time putting all the brearings back 🤔 so i just bought a surplus box from dubai.

_20210128_082503.JPG

_20210128_082917.JPG

_20210128_082903.JPG

_20210128_082846.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom