Alrighty wristy, I have another task for you (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This stupid book I have for this 3.0 you helped me with the other day, doesn't have the torque spec and sequence for the intake. Do you think you could hook me up again with some numbers?

Hey what book do you have ajfriz? are you looking at a chiltons or hayns???

yeah haynes pretty much blows. I actually don't have either. I do have a manual from some university because my boss is too cheap to even buy me a damn chiltons.

Ya hayns sucks and its so hard to find chiltons anymore. But you will be able to find torque specs in the beginning of every chapter. If you want I have a few extra I could mail you one or they are like 15$ at any auto parts store itd save wristy the effort of scanning this stuff :flipoff2:

Thanks for the torque spec! I found a couple online that said 29 ft lbs! That seemed WAY high. So I was being really easy on it and made it to 22 ft lbs before I broke a bolt off in the head. I was pissed to say the least. At least I had enough of the bolt above the surface of the head that I was able to get the bolt out with a punch and a hammer once the intake was taken off. It was a fun day. I'm glad that I have the correct torque now.

Here ya go, all the specs scanned and posted, from the wonderful and all knowing Factory Service Manual. A.K.A. the book that puts haynes to shame.

3.jpg

Ya hayns sucks and its so hard to find chiltons anymore. But you will be able to find torque specs in the beginning of every chapter. If you want I have a few extra I could mail you one or they are like 15$ at any auto parts store itd save wristy the effort of scanning this stuff :flipoff2:

i have no problem scanning anything for yous guys.

Thanks dude. I shouldn't need to bother you anymore now that I have all of the specs. At least until the next project ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom