ALMOST DONE!! (not Dial-Up Freindly) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yes they are out of a saab of that bodystyle, somwhere around 88.. they mesure about 19" from the right mounting hole to the left.. it is the same as a FJ40, but the length is shorter, so you will need to fab somthing to go from front to back.. i will put up some more pictures on the brackets... My wiring runs where the heater hoses go, i have some cheepo black carpet i got from walmart.. i also put insulation under the carpet to keep the engine heat down..

as far as the sub goes it is barley visable from the front, but can be seen from the rear, i will be puting some black carpet over the whole sub to make it a little less visable.. my goal is to make it so you dont even know there is a system.. i am also going to install some sort of motion detecting alarm system at some point, they have one that will detect if the vehicle is tilted (people trying to steal tires) and has a motion sensor with a warning mode..

Thanks for the tip on the seats.

Man your frame looks sweet! Did you strip/paint it yourself?

ALMOST DONE!!

[quote author=isotel link=board=1;threadid=12796;start=msg117699#msg117699 date=1078810692]
Sabb seats with wallmart console!
isotelinterior.jpg

PS Steering U-joint, My welds are :-\
[/quote]

Walmart console? No way...would that fit in a FJ60? Do they come in other colors?

well i would not reccomend the double rear brake lines, or two flexable lines of any kind put together.

is that a factory PS pump stuff? can run chevy pump with factory PS box.

What are you doing with for steering? also whos arms are those? i seen them but cannot remember.

[quote author=HI^C link=board=1;threadid=12796;start=msg118621#msg118621 date=1078945139]
well i would not reccomend the double rear brake lines, or two flexable lines of any kind put together.
[/quote]Why not?

my frame all i did was use a grinder with a fine sander disk on it and put on some glossy rustolium, i only did it on the front, and rear bumper area, where some rust was forming..
the console was like $24 from wallmart, they have tan aswell, i dont know the exact mesurment, but it Barley fit in there..
THe PS is a GM pump off somthing in the junkyard (chevy van of some sort) PS box is saginaw.. The arms are from a Local guy in Colorado springs Colorado Custom Machine, AKA Bonz Steering.. $200.. and my draglink and tierod i am just wainting till i have the funds to buy some Hyme Joints..

the rear lines are red Locktite'd together and i doubt i will have a problemb.. others seem to have had luck with it.. thanks for the word of caution though!

Good looking rig! Looks like you have a nice clean tub too.

Mark

ALMOST DONE!!

[quote author=isotel link=board=1;threadid=12796;start=msg117693#msg117693 date=1078810172]
new HySteer arms.. This is the only thing i need to finish is the draglink and tierod!
[/quote]

Your new HySteer Arms looks good.

Do you have more pics of this?

Doyou build or bought?

Thanks
Facundo

[quote author=isotel link=board=1;threadid=12796;start=msg118914#msg118914 date=1078966187]
The arms are from a Local guy in Colorado springs Colorado Custom Machine, AKA Bonz Steering.. $200..

[/quote]

i can have more made if i get 4 people who want them!

PS pump off a chevy van, astro, fullsize ? interesting looks like a tighter better fit then the one i got, going to the yard tomorrow to see what i can find, and to pull a scout box.

double flex lines, too much movement period, its right next to a shackle bolt with no nut on it all that movement and it will fail. Plus it is illegal i believe.
i spent $25 on rear and $21 on the front, SS line, adapters, clips etc... rubber lines are like $15 each?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom