Aisin 442 limp mode (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, Ive got a 94 Fzj80 with a 94 6bt swapped in using the Diesel Adapters Kit. It still has the Original Aisin 442 with compushift. The trans has been in limp mode for about 50% of time I have started it for the past month. Seems like a loose connection but the only one I could find is on the bottom, which I cleaned and the problem persists. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this and if anyone knows where the compushift connects to the trans.

So the compushift is in limp mode? The trans either works or doesn't work. No computer or mode there. Call compushift? I'm sure dustin will not call you back or help trouble shoot as you've given all your money to him already....

Sounds like a computer issue. I'd start with the compushift manual. I know of at least one tps that has gone bad on dustins kit. Might be worth looking into

Ok, Ill give compushift a call

The compushift screen is not showing any error codes which makes me think it might be a connection, maybe im just hopeful.

Thanks

I think it stays in 3rd although I could be wrong. Some days it works great

I'd check the connections at the throttle linkage deal on the firewall. If that doesnt solve it, check all the connections at the computer, Dustins connections really suck at the connectors.
Watch the throttle value voltage on the display, if its not working the trans wont shift right or at all. Thats what happened to mine the 5V canbus burnt out if I remember right. It still never reads N or R and my reverse lights wont work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom