Aisan Carby (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This could be quite long so please follow. I am looking at fitting the carby onto Jade but have run into a few issues. The carby is a Aisan carby with I believe is the original carby for this vehicle however it does not sit on the intake manifold properly. There is a hole a the back of the intake manifold which goes right through and doesnt seem to do anything. There is also a spacer block on the bottom of the carby however if I use this spacer there is no way I can get the bolts in to bolt the carby down onto the manifold as they are too long and without the spacer the carby does not sit flush onto the top of the manifold. Also I am not really sure where the pipe on the spacer would go to. I know that the manifold is definitely Toyota however I am not 100% sure if it is for this engine. Any help would be appreciated.
IMG_2008.JPG
IMG_2009.JPG
IMG_2010.JPG

the hole going thru the manifold is to bolt the stock exhaust manifold to the intake, as it looks like you have headers it is not used.

You should have studs to hold the carb to the manifold, you spacer is needed to seal the base to the manifold, and get the top of the carb to match the air cleaner housing. also no RTV sealant on the spacer, needs to go on dry.

the pipe on the spacer should go the way you have it, towards the front, it should connect to the oil filler pipe, I think, it's the crank case vent.

Check Toyo-DIY-They have a carb assy diagram, but it is pretty small. You may be able to enlarge the view to see the base plate fitment.
If you have never been to the site, you should register so you can see all the diagrams--hope this is helpful--

3-puppies thanks for the info that makes sense now on how it should be fitted. I love this sight and the wealth of information and assistance available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom