air sucking into fuel system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The tank on MooseCruiser's 60 has been removed, stripped and dipped - so it has been cleaned at least once in it's life!! (by a PO) -How often do you folks think a "tank drop & flush" should be required? Mine is due, as AFAIK, it has never been done (and it has an occasional leak at full) The tank on my parts truck has also been stripped and dipped - so I plan to swap 'em. (likely when I swap the frame!)

thanks for all the input .
we swapped out the broken block heater for a working one yesterday ,turns out the guy cut the element off for some reason (fit ).i gotta say it was annoying but not the huge pain in the a$$ everyone said it would be .another 60km driving and no issues yet,got a little road trip out of the city today so i will keep you posted but all is well since the tank was filled not even 1/4 tank through yet so we will see i wish i had a working odometer/speedo cable so i could do some mileage but all in good time ,if anyone has one for a bj60 i would appreciate a pm Toyota wants more than i am willing to pay ,i have a cable housing but no wire inside ?
keep on wheelin moosecruiser

Hi,

I read through this thread quickly and I may have missed it, but did anyone postulate a bad connecting hose on the supply side of the fuel line? That nasty cleaner could have done a number on a sketchy hose, hose connection or rusted line that has since recovered. A pinhole leak on the suction side is your most likely answer.

That you are not experiencing symptoms right now only means you have more time to keep looking!

Hey, was this truck inactive for a time before it was pressed into service? Again, a hose may dry out and with usage become re-wetted (my word, not approved by spell check) and seal itself.

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom