Air show today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
at Hawkins Field from now until 5. No pets, no coolers but it is free. Heading there as soon as the Saints game is over.

Y'all didn't miss much.

Got to have the blues to have a good air show.

Yeah, the 1st time the biplane landed on the ice cream truck, it was pretty neat. The 7th time, not so much.

I didn't make it but was at my parents house and I never heard anything fly over.....(parents are 4 miles away) must not have been any jet stuff?

There was one jet but I didn't hear it until I got back to Belhaven. Also, several B 52's flew over while I was on the deck.

Got an air show at the base scheduled for Oct 2012. I hear those A$$ Hole Thunderbirds will be there.

Nah not really Nolen. The Blue Angles are just a lot better. It's not every day you see a C130 do a JATO assist take off!

My recent sim partner was an ex thunderbird. His license plate was a combo of his AF call sign, his Tbird #, and the squadron he was the CO of. He has a photographic memory. I hate zoomies.

The blues are a lot better than the birds, especially their old show in the A-4.

The blues are a lot better than the birds, especially their old show in the A-4.

X2.....and im not biased at all!!! pay no never mind my dad flew A-4s for the navy.

The navy flight demo (and fat albert) are the best demo out there....period

SHUSH said:
X2.....and im not biased at all!!! pay no never mind my dad flew A-4s for the navy.

The navy flight demo (and fat albert) are the best demo out there....period

Wow, so did my dad. were y'all east coast or west coast?

Wow, so did my dad. were y'all east coast or west coast?

he requested east coast his senior year at the academy...that was 64.....they laughed at him.

he did 2 tours west coast and one as an instructor at miramar (that's right Top Gun fans) and then his last on east coast before getting out

I didn't arrive for years.

My dad was in 63-84. his A-4 squadron was VA -121. Maybe they know a lot of same people.

64-74 for my dad...VA - 22....went to Yankee station on the Coral Sea and then the Ranger....im sure they have very similar war stories. My dad went to Arlington yesterday to visit some of his buddies...the ones still kicking are all Admirals retired.

His group, the fighting red cocks, get together once a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom