Air injection pump bypass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So when I got my 2008 GX I immediately ordered and installed the Hewitt Tech bypass kit. I didnt want any issues dealing with the 2ndary AIP. Well a month later and my dash has lit up.

I’m going to go through all my connections tomorow evening. But has anyone else had this issue? I know the later engines have an extra connection.

Anyone have a picture of the starter relay wire connection? I’m wondering if I didn’t connect it correctly the first time.

Did you get the bypass for the 2008+ MY, or the bypass for 2002-2007? A local found the earlier kit on an 08 works most of the time, until the weather gets hot, then does as you describe.

Yeah I got the 2008+ setup.

Did you have the CEL's before installing the kit? I think you're on the right track with checking the wiring.

Our gx is an '05. I installed the bypass kit years ago and it continues to do it's thing without issue. I put some photos in this thread but no pics of the wire going to the relay 2005+ Emission/Air Pump Failure?.

Yeah I installed it before I got a CEL. I was trying to avoid this mess.

@mercedeezel Could you snap a picture of which leg on the relay you taped the purple wire?

If someone could just confirm that it would help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom